Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-07-2021, 02:39 AM   #21
Winnebago Owner

If no specific Workhorse selection, then just use a classic same year chevy pickup w/ an 8.1L engine and likely ONLY a 5spd allison, but it should give you some decent basic info OR borrow a 'pro' level code reader.

OBDII - on board diagnostic version II OR CAN or EOBD.........

ps: it certainly seems 8.1L engine more tempermental than old 454 but it is all the electronics and use of them, so ANY bad sensor value can cause some stupid issue that the older 454 engines would ignore and just keep running but polluting more of course !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfred622 View Post
Thanks Eagle5! Since the engine cranks smoothly on startup, I may have an ignition issue. I'll call the repair shop I use and see if they can work me in yet this year (groan).

I tried using an ODBC II reader that I have for my Honda CRV. I don't think it was able to connect to the ECU in the Workhorse. It is just an eBay cheepie ODBC reader, I may need to get a more sophisticated unit for the Workhorse. Nothing in the Workhorse manual about ODBC however.

Time to let the repair shop earn their big bucks!

Thanks very much!
SmilingSimon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power