Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-07-2005, 04:09 PM   #1
Winnebago Master

We just completed our 'journey' from Virginia to Northern Illinois to trade our '97 Adventurer on a 2002 Journey 36 DL. The dealer was Winnebago Motorhome and Trailer Sales in Rockford, Il, one which I would highly recommend. They kept every promise and could not do enough for us. They are nice folks.

I can see why everyone says if you drive a DP you will have to have one. Our old gasser on a P-30 did pretty well on the trip up, but the trip back in the DP was outstanding. The power of the CAT/Allison exceeded my expectations, especially in the mountains on I-77 in WVA. Overall drivability was excellent. Livability also outstanding.

We love the coach...looking forward to many fun trips. Thanks to many on this forum for feedback on the Journey which helped much.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 04:09 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

We just completed our 'journey' from Virginia to Northern Illinois to trade our '97 Adventurer on a 2002 Journey 36 DL. The dealer was Winnebago Motorhome and Trailer Sales in Rockford, Il, one which I would highly recommend. They kept every promise and could not do enough for us. They are nice folks.

I can see why everyone says if you drive a DP you will have to have one. Our old gasser on a P-30 did pretty well on the trip up, but the trip back in the DP was outstanding. The power of the CAT/Allison exceeded my expectations, especially in the mountains on I-77 in WVA. Overall drivability was excellent. Livability also outstanding.

We love the coach...looking forward to many fun trips. Thanks to many on this forum for feedback on the Journey which helped much.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Old 02-07-2005, 06:58 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

smlranger - I'm glad your happy with the Journey DL. I think they are an outstanding coach and a great value ... if you can find one for sale.

Aventa II Tow Bar/Apollo Braking
El Jeffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 03:21 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Congratulations on picking up the Journey and glad to hear the trip went well. I'm sure you're going to spend the next several days kid a kid at Christmass playing with the new tow.

Enjoy it...I think you're going to be pleased for a long time.
Old 02-08-2005, 05:06 AM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

I actually talked with the folks at that dealership about that unit. Then I felt a disturbance in The Force, and realized you were meant for it, so I left it there for you!

They seem like a standup dealership, and I am definitely pining for a Journey (or like unit). Glad to hear it all worked out for you!

350 Cummins
timterrapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 06:20 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

Tim,

They had another 2002 almost identical but with fewer miles....had the dark cherry cabinets and a washer/dryer...didn't like the cabinets, w/d takes up valuable storage. One of the main reasons we settled on this unit was being able to talk to the previous owner and having the meticulous service records he provided.

Overall, it was a great buying experience.
Old 02-08-2005, 06:46 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

Congratulations, I know you'll have many happy miles. Its fun isn't it? If you ever get down around Yorktown look us up.
ichn2go is offline   Reply With Quote