Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-16-2020, 08:05 AM   #1
Winnie-Wise

My 2014 Sunstar projects

In another thread, Upinsmoke wanted to see what I've done to our Sunstar. I've posted some of them here but I thought I compile a thread of just the pictures to inspire others.

The Z fold table for over the doghouse. This is the second top. I've remade the top 4" wider, and added a leg to the floating side of it. As the name implies, it folds down flat for travel.

I removed the StudioLoft over the front seats and made 2 custom light fixtures to cover the screw holes in the ceiling.

Under the booth seats, I installed a drop-down door in the front one. Inside is a laundry bag that fixes to the opening with turn buttons to hold it open and in place.

Under the back one, a pantry drawer.

In the toilet room cabinet above the toilet, a second shelf...

And inside the door, on the kitchen cabinet end, some folding coat hooks.

That's it for the woodworking projects.

The wood is all birch The edge details to match the Winnebago routing was done with a table saw. The stain to match is a 5:1 Varathane traditional cherry and black cherry blend. The matching door and drawer pulls were found on Amazon, I think. If you remove a pull, you can find enough info molded into the back to search for the matching ones.

When fixing a leak under the lav sink, I removed the left hand door for better access. I'm thinking of removing its hinges and hinging it to the right one in the center to make them a single bi-fold door for easier access to storage under the sink.
SLOweather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 07:32 PM   #2
Site Team

Nice work! Looks great!
macnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 01:50 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Slo,
You're down right handy. They look great and are, I'm sure, down right handy. Beyond my capabilities, "a man has to know his limitations" or desires but very nice. I'll review them again, steal a couple of pics for ideas.
Thanks for posting them.
Old 01-17-2020, 07:45 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Thanks!
Here are some of the other projects and mods for your perusal.

The trunk table folds flat for storage and travel.

More LED reading lights:

Our Suncruiser had dome lights in all of the basement compartments, which our Sunstar lacks. So, I put Harbor Freight Flip Lights in them. There are a couple of advantages I have found. They are attached with hook and loop, so I can easily remove one to use as a flashlight. And, if I leave one on by accident, I kill 3 AAA batteries, not the house batteries.

While we're in the trunk, I insulated the ceiling, which is the underside of the bed pedestal, with 1.5" rigid foam, added 2 hooks for hanging the window squeegees to keep from deforming the rubber part, and added 2 angle brackets to the otherwise useless shelf (actually the interior floor under the bed) to hold long things. Not shown is a paper towel roll holder in there, as well.

The P.O. boogered up the MobileVision rear camera installation. While in the dash troubleshooting it and doing other mods, I saw that turn signal control was already wired for side view cameras. So, I added them, and front corner turn signals as well.

I just added a flip down drink holder next to each of the front seats.

The, there is all the tech and other stuff: 2 Battleborns, Victron battery monitor, Xantrex 2kW PSW inverter charger, 400 watts of solar and charge controller, GlobalStar car kit, upgraded SiriusXM antenna, 2 exterior GPS antennas, amateur radio and motorized antenna mount, ATT cell router and 2 external Mimo antennas, Win 10 PC in the cabinet over the TV, RoadTrip InMotion satellite dish and Dish Wally...
SLOweather is offline   Reply With Quote