Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-21-2006, 05:31 PM   #41
Winnie-Wise

Hey scirocco, I have the KVH K5 and it only sits 5" above the roof. It's flat and only gets Direct TV. It sits lower than my roof vent covers. It opperates on 12 VDC.
2001 32-V Suncruiser,Ford V-10, 310 HP, 4 Koni FSD's, KVH Tracvision,trickle charge, awning travel lock, 1 dinning room slide; no roof leaks, 03malibu toad sometimes, Blackhawk all terrain towbar, Roadmaster brake Pro,1 wife,1 westy, life is good!
bobpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 03:31 PM   #42
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bobpie:
Hey scirocco, I have the KVH K5 and it only sits 5" above the roof. It's flat and only gets Direct TV. It sits lower than my roof vent covers. It opperates on 12 VDC. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Bob!

Thanx for the info! Yeah, I researched that K5 and also the similar one from Winegard but most folks that I ask about them say that they don't work real good when stationary. They're also prone to the rain fade effect becasue they're flat. I don't know... I may have to go to something like that but would probably prefer a dome because of the better reception.

So are you perfectly satisfied with the K5 performance? I hear it works fairly good when on the go. Are you experiencing any of the bad reception when it's wet?

I suppose I could use that stuff that is suppose to repel the rain or go up on the roof and wipe it off occassionally but that sounds like a lot of work.
theroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 05:21 PM   #43
Winnie-Wise

rocco,

I have the Kingdome. The dark colored one.

Doug

'05 Meridian 36G
CHIPPYSGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 06:16 PM   #44
Winnebago Master

The new KVH R6 is 2" shorter than the previous KVH models at 12.5", and is still a dome, if that helps you at all.

tderonne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 06:58 PM   #45
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tderonne:
The new KVH R6 is 2" shorter than the previous KVH models at 12.5", and is still a dome, if that helps you at all. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Tim! Yeah, I was hoping that one of the manufacturers would be introducing a dome that's less than 12" ...what I need is an in-motion dome that's about 10 inches high but no such luck yet, evidently. Thanks for taking the time to respond, though.
theroc is offline   Reply With Quote