Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-20-2010, 08:35 AM   #1
Winnie-Wise

Monday we pick up our 2004 Adventurer 33V

Good morning everyone. Well after over a month of looking we are taking delivery of our 2004 Winnebago Adventurer 33V (Workhorse).
This past week it has had the tired replaced with six new Michelins, three new batteries and new slide toppers. It will go back in January for the brake recall along with anything else we find.
I hope to take pictures on Monday and post them.

I can't thank the people here enough for all the answers to my questions.

Thanks again..
Old 11-20-2010, 03:11 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Send a message via ICQ to W8RLM
Congratulations on the new coach. We had a 2003 Brave with the same floor plan, and there are 4 other coaches in our two Winnebago clubs that are the same floor plan. I think that it was one of the most popular floor plans that Winnebago made. I hope that you'll enjoy yours as much as all of us have enjoyed ours.

Happy camping and safe traveling.

W8RLM - Bob
Old 11-20-2010, 07:22 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

congrats Gene & Ginger

i recall VERY well the excitment that Larry & I had picking up ours

now go have fun in it!
regards, peter
pdq_bc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 07:00 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Regarding the Workhorse chassis.
You might want to check and see if it was built before August of 2003. I bought my 2004 Sightseer in Jan of 2004 and the chassis was made before Aug. In August 2003 WH switched from a 2 inch front stabilizer bar to a 2.5 inch bar.

I replaced my 2 incher with the 2.5 inch and it made a tremendous improvement in side to side roll and sway.
Old 11-21-2010, 07:05 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Gene, Congrats on your purchase. You have a great coach and will be in good shape. Tires were a smart choice. Good luck.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
John H... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 06:54 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Thanks all.. yes the front sway bar is on my lists to check out.
In 12 hours I will be at the dealer... Stay tuned.
Old 11-21-2010, 07:00 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

What color is the dash display LED? If it is grey then it is the original Actia gauge. If it is amber it has probably been replaced. The amber is much easier to read.
There are problems with the Actia gauge.
If there are any problems with it you may want to point it out now if they are offering any warranty on the rig.
Old 11-22-2010, 04:46 AM   #8
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch Hoagland View Post
What color is the dash display LED? If it is grey then it is the original Actia gauge. If it is amber it has probably been replaced. The amber is much easier to read.
If there are any problems with it you may want to point it out now if they are offering any warranty on the rig.
Thanks for the information. I will check today.
Old 11-30-2010, 08:48 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Congrats. We've had an '07 33V for just over a year now, and it is awesome. Great coach!
guymon.hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 09:11 PM   #10
Winnie-Wise

Congrats, we have the same floor plan and it has been very comfortable for short or long trips. Have fun.
Tom
Fakrwee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 09:21 PM   #11
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Mine is amber and it totally stinks. Nearly illegible. Have to keep flipping back and forth between modes to even figure out how many miles on it. Definitely a piece of junk IMHO.
deputydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 11:54 PM   #12
Winnebago Owner

Hey deputydog....you should have seen (or not seen) the grey LCD on the earlier coaches!!

I agree that the Actia gauges are awful. I have to put on my reading glasses to see anything on their gauges.
Old 12-01-2010, 07:14 AM   #13
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Hey deputydog....you should have seen (or not seen) the grey LCD on the earlier coaches!!

I agree that the Actia gauges are awful. I have to put on my reading glasses to see anything on their gauges.
I ended up getting a pair of sun glasses with no correction on the top part and a reading glass correction on the lower part.

I also had the tint removed on the bottom part so I could read the Actia display which is hard for my older eyes to see without a lot of light.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:26 AM   #14
Winnebago Watcher

Congrats on the new rig !
ejm4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 03:39 PM   #15
Winnie-Wise

Hi,
Congratulation on your new Coach as I have the same unit that I bought from Lichtsinn in Forest City and it only had 35 miles on it. We have had all the problems fixed at a dealer or the factory and have all the bugs out of it.
We love the floor plan especially the double slides and my wife likes the double pantry. Our coach just made a trip to AK and back a total of 11,361 miles with no problems. It did everything we wanted it to.
Yes we had the Actia Cluster replaced and just had the Workhorse Brake Recall done. I like the 8.1 liter engine along with the Alison tranny. We have been towing a 98 Honda Civic on a tow dolly but recently purchased a new vehicle so we will be towing a 2011 Ford Escape on the dolly.

Again congratulations on your new rig and enjoy it in good health.

Tom-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 07:20 AM   #16
Winnie-Wise

Thanks for all the kind words.

What was wrong with your Actia Cluster? I downloaded the information PDF and really like how you can change and view the different parameters.

It goes back to the dealer in January for the brake recall and other punch list items.

We are probably not going to tow anything in the first year. My question is how well does it tow a car? Fuel milage difference?

Thanks again.
Old 12-07-2010, 07:38 AM   #17
Winnie-Wise

Hi,

I don't remember how you can get into the various tests for the Actia Cluster but it should be in the info package that comes with the RV. There is a briefcase (soft) with all the instructions and manuals for the RV plus there is an owners manual for the Workhorse Chassis. If not there then you can go on www.winnebagoind.com and www.workhorse.com to get the info.
As far as towing goes there is not a lot of difference in fuel mileage either way. When I tow or drive without the car I get between 7.5 and 8.5 mpg depending on the terrain, however I usually drive between 55 and 60 mph. One thing you have to keep in mind when going to tow a vehicle is the weight of the vehicle not to exceed a total of 26,000 lbs including the RV loaded and the tow vehicle.
In you have any other questuions please feel free to send me a posted message on this site.

Enjoy and good luck again.

Tom-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 06:56 PM   #18
iRV2 Marketing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom-NC View Post
I don't remember how you can get into the various tests for the Actia Cluster but it should be in the info package that comes with the RV.
Hold down the Mode button for 15 to 20 seconds. It'll go into a diagnostic menu!

Pick and chose the item you want to test.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 07:16 AM   #19
Winnebago Camper

Congratulations on the new coach

Congratulations on the new (to you) coach. We bought an '05 33V earlier this year, and really like it. We just got back a week ago from a trip to CA to visit the grandkids with side trips to Zion, Grand Canyon and the Petrified Forest NP's. I think you will like your choice. The Workhorese 8.1/Allison Tranny is excellent in the mountains (we have the 5 speed with grade brake). Have fun.
Eric n Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 05:13 PM   #20
Winnebago Watcher

Congrats on the new house. We bought our 33v in 06 with less than 8k miles on it and have had no trouble that was Winnabagos fault. The brake stuff yea we had trouble but the recall will take care of that very soon.
We did have a lightning storm this year and lightning hit the garage that the rv was plugged into. It fried all the gfci circuits in the garage and got into the MH as well. It took three months to get everything sorted out.
Most everything electronic is obsolete already and new items like t'stats and controle panels have to be replaced and rewired with newer panels.
Thankfully my basement HP only needed a couple of circuit boards to function as the basement units are almost impossible to find untill the replacement models hit the market in the spring.
I flat tow a Chevrolet HHR at 62MPH and it makes no noticeable difference in gas milage. about 8 mpg.

Interesting fact. my buddy has a Journey 32' Diesel. We ran side by side on two different trips. One from our home in Southern MD to Florida and the other to Wisconsin. He got better milage but I payed less for fuel. Our costs averaged out to within .02 cents per mile difference.

best of luck John
jOHN m eSTEVEZ is offline   Reply With Quote