Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-23-2017, 10:50 PM   #21
Winnebago Master

And get a new power cord
Old 04-24-2017, 08:55 AM   #22
Winnebago Owner

Tough to find a device that does the same function. I did search around with the initial issues people were having, but no easy of inexpensive fix. I will agree with Finhawk, try the power adaptor. That did the trick for mine. Also check the connections at both ends as well as the unit at each TV. I have not read about issues with the end unit, but that could be the case.

I am not as familiar with the Firestick or AppleTV but I assume they are HDMI outputs. On my 42E I have a Roku on one of the inputs into the Matrix, along with DVD and DISH. When replacing the power supply I added a cable to the four input for connecting a laptop.

I am not familiar with the 36ft so not idea on TV removal, on the 42E the TV is hinged to provide access to the storage spot behind he TV.

Good Luck
XBoater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 11:50 AM   #23
Winnebago Master

KatieVL, looks like there are four screw locking the TV bracket to the wall bracket.
Maybe able to get to them without removing the sound bar. Once the screws are remove pull out on the bottom of the TV then left up.
The TV will not fall out when you remove the screws.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2015 36M main TV.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	159425   Click image for larger version

Name:	2015 36M main_2 TV.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	130.7 KB
ID:	159426  

grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 05:20 PM   #24
Winnie-Wise

I was on the phone with the mfg (PACE) the other day since mine is still acting up. The tech told me they are starting to replace individual switch box at each TV, and this is helping some of the consumers. Still not a good answer. I might look into switching the switch box between the bedroom and the outside TV and see if it helps with the problem I am having in the bedroom.
majfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 11:17 AM   #25
Winnebago Camper

Hello,
New owner here and starting to have issues with a couple of my tv's. Thanks for all the information above. I contacted PACE and talked with Jeff who is sending me out a power supply. Cost is still $10 plus shipping. Thanks for the initial answers.
Army Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 01:12 PM   #26
Site Team

Majfrizz and Army Guy,

I have had off and on issues with the Pace Matrix and the "receivers" you find at each TV locations. So, I've learned a few things along the way.

First, the HDMI cables that WBGO used for both the sources upstream of the Matrix, i.e. Sat Recv #1 and Sat Recv #2 and even the BlueRay player are pretty cheap and prone to failure. And the same is true of the HDMI cables from the individual receivers at each TV. So, when having various errors like green screens or disappearing video and the annoying HDCP error try a different HDMI cable between the source and the Matrix or between the receiver and the TV.

The real name of the "receiver" at each TV is a "Balun." There are many different kinds of Baluns and the ones for your Matrix are unique to that unit. My RV has 3-TVs so there are three Baluns. In 3 1/2 years I've had to replace one (living room), I've disconnected one (bedroom) and the 3rd on the outside TV has always worked fine.

Jeff at Pace is very helpful... but he always starts with the power supply. And looking at older threads on this at www.irv2.com it seems some folks found that a new power supply did the trick. But it didn't for me.

Do you have a TV that flashes Green or Blue and loses picture? In my experience this is the Balun failing. After testing it with a new HDMI cable that you know is good between the Balun and the TV the next thing to do is order a new Balun. They cost $50.

The HDMI Matrix is pretty complex device. You feed it video signal via HDMI cables and it converts everything to Ethernet and sends the video, the audio and two way infared remote signals back and forth between the TVs in your RV. If you look on the back of the unit you'll see a LOT of wires. Look at the Ethernet cables they are color coded and marked with tape stripes I, II and III for each TV. The colors are keyed to the individual TV locations. All three Ethernet cables go to each TV and terminate at the Balun near the TV. BUT only two are utilized. The third Ethernet cable is a backup. If one of the "I" or "II" cables goes bad, you can replace it with number "III". The Ethernet cables are all the same, it's where you plug them in that's different. You have a send and receive port on the matrix and on the balun. If cable "I" is in the send port at the matrix, then it must be in the send port on the balun. The same goes for the receive port (it uses number "II" cable). So, if a cable or connector goes bad you simply substitute the unused number "III" cable, of course plugging it in to both the matrix and the balun in whatever port is needed.

The system is really intended to work with Satellite receivers. We don't use Satellite so I have a Roku TV Streamer plugged into the Sat Recv #1 cable. And then use the Matrix to send that output to the living room or outside TV.

When the balun in the bedroom stopped working reliably (flashing, green screens, blue screens, sort of working and mostly not). I stopped using it. I put a Roku TV Streamer on the HDMI cable that was connected to the balun there and used the balun's power output to power the Roku. I then added a $80 Blueray player below the TV too. So, the bedroom TV is totally on its own. With streaming this works great. If you have Satellite it may not work for you.

When the Living Room TV balun began to fail I had to decide how to go forward. I could remove that TV from the "system" and put individual source components at the TV. And, probably with a little work I could separate the outside TV from the Matrix and do away with the system. I strongly considered this and decided to stay as close to OEM as I could AND to find a way to make everything work reliably. I mostly did it for future salability.

The Red and Blue lights on the HDMI Matrix are a harbinger of balun and hdmi connection errors. Sometimes, when the lights don't light correctly or the system seems wonky I just flick the power off and on - rebooting - the whole system and this helps a surprising number of times.

I know this is very long and pretty nerdy but hopefully something in it will help you or someone else down the road.
Old 03-17-2021, 08:53 PM   #27
Winnebago Camper

Creativepart, thanks for the information. A very detailed post with a lot of good information. Right now, I'm losing signal for satelite - screen goes blank & note states lost signal. I unplug the balun and wait 10 sec and it resets. Hopefully the power pack will remedy this before it gets worse.
Old 03-24-2021, 06:50 PM   #28
Winnebago Camper

Received & replaced the power pack yesterday. So far no more issues.