Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-29-2013, 08:50 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Magnadyne wiring question '05 Itasca Suncruiser

Have a 2005 Itasca Suncruiser with the Magnadyne M9999 radio installed. This model has the CD player and cassette player. I am upgrading to a new Pioneer DEX-X7500HD head unit and had a question on the wiring.

I believe there is an amplifier and subwoofer in the current configuration but the Magnadyne manual makes no mention of wiring to this amplifier or to a subwoofer. Is there a wiring diagram that lists the wiring for the installation as it now exists. The Pioneer unit can support a subwoofer but I do not know how this should be connected. I want to be sure I don't miss-wire anything and I don't want to lose the subwoofer if I can figure it out.

Thanks!
osgoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 09:03 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Not to be smart mule but, you should know, not believe you have an amp and sub. They are easy to locate. Listen for the speaker and the amp should be rather conspicuous as it gets warm and therefore not surrounded by much stuff.
Old 05-29-2013, 01:45 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

You could take a look at the Dash Radio Installation diagram for your coach and see if that helps. You also may find the Front End Wiring Installation diagram helpful.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 03:35 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbeierl View Post
You could take a look at the Dash Radio Installation diagram for your coach and see if that helps. You also may find the Front End Wiring Installation diagram helpful.
Thanks for the info. I see you are from Nashua, NH. My wife is from there. Graduated in 72.
Old 05-30-2013, 07:18 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

On our 2003 Adventurer, the surround sound amp was installed under the dash, passenger side, outside wall. I could get to it by removing the computer tray, if equipped.

I believe my sub woofer was installed in the cabinet under the reefer.
Old 05-30-2013, 10:56 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Wiring can be found on Magnadyne website.

Click here

Click user guide and download the PDF file.
Old 05-31-2013, 09:40 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Bug512

My brother has a 2006 Suncruiser 35a. Today we replaced the outside Magnadyne with a pioneer. The wire harness from the coach plug to the existing radio had the same numbers of wires and colors as the new pioneer harness. We cut all of the wires on the existing harness and coupled them together with like colored wires on the new radio harness. I may be wrong but I do believe that if you remove the front radio and cut and couple as we did it will work well. In his coach the front radio is wired through the VCR then to the see round sound. So if we replaced the front radio we would wire it this way.

Jesse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bug512 View Post
Wiring can be found on Magnadyne website.

Click here

Click user guide and download the PDF file.
Jbmsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 06:48 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Thanks all. I was able to gather up enough info to start the install yesterday. No real surprises as the wiring color codes from my new Pioneer to old Magnadyne matched almost perfectly. One thing I did note was that while the Magnadyne supports front and rear speakers, the wire harness that feeds the speakers only supports the front. there are no wires to the molex connector for the back speakers.

Another issue was that the new Pioneer was about 1/2 inch too deep and hit the metal brace that was part of the original radios mount. It also blocked the connections. I had to cut the back portion of the brace off to make room. This is not a key structure so I felt ok in cutting in off.
Old 06-08-2013, 10:48 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

does anyone need the old Magnadyne radio M99999? It still works fine. I would give it away if someone paid the shipping.

Tags
wiring, itasca, suncruiser