Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-04-2022, 01:21 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Low engine coolant alert

I have a 2018 Forza and after sitting for 3 months the annunciation showed low coolant and a light comes on. The coolant reservoir is almost to the maximum level. I am assuming it is a bad or fouled sensor but don’t know where the sensor is? Will the alert cause the engine to shut down if the engine doesn’t overheat ( bad sensor)?
Ben B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 02:00 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

You might try some other things first:
- Check to see that your fluid is still good
- Drive the coach to heat the fluid and remix it and 'burp' any air out
- Check to see that the filler cap is still good
- Fill the expansion tank with fluid right to the brim of the filler neck (recommended by some mechanics because the sensor is high in the front side of the tank and is exposed when on steep hill)

Let us know what results - we all learn...
Old 04-30-2022, 06:33 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

I have a surge tank and when I was getting spurious low fluid warnings, I had to clean the connector. The terminals were gummed up from road gunk and a good cleaning later, along with making the connection tighter, no more warnings. I also unkinked the wire cable and rerouted it to avoid future issues as there as a bit too much stress on it.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 02:51 PM   #4
Prostang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lv2Roam2 View Post
You might try some other things first:
- Check to see that your fluid is still good
- Drive the coach to heat the fluid and remix it and 'burp' any air out
- Check to see that the filler cap is still good
- Fill the expansion tank with fluid right to the brim of the filler neck (recommended by some mechanics because the sensor is high in the front side of the tank and is exposed when on steep hill)

Let us know what results - we all learn...
I just came back from a 2 week trip to California. On the return trip, about an hour on the road, I saw the temp gauge rise and then the display told me it was limiting power. I turned it off, waited, and all was good.

Got about 100 yards and same thing. I burped the overflow tank and added a gallon of water (no coolant) and didn't have another problem. Drove the next 2 days, almost 1,000 miles total after the incident.
Prostang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 09:29 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prostang View Post
I just came back from a 2 week trip to California. On the return trip, about an hour on the road, I saw the temp gauge rise and then the display told me it was limiting power. I turned it off, waited, and all was good.

Got about 100 yards and same thing. I burped the overflow tank and added a gallon of water (no coolant) and didn't have another problem. Drove the next 2 days, almost 1,000 miles total after the incident.
I would replace the thermostat. Sounds like it stuck and finally opened. Its likely to happen again.
eyecando is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
engine