Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-19-2021, 03:03 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Loveseat Install

Hi everyone! I’m hoping to replace the dinette in my 2013 Vista 27N with a loveseat. In looking under the forward facing seating area there is a cable attached to the floor that is covered with a wooden box.inside the box the cable is about 31 inches long and it runs from the outer wall just under my 110 receptacle to a hole in the floor. I’m sure it’s for that receptacle however there is a 1” x 2” plastic junction box of some kind in the middle of the cable. I’m wondering if loveseats have space under them for things like that or might I have to look into rerouting that cable? And what kind of junction box might that be? I’ve not seen one like it before?
TonyOIB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 12:54 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

What's inside the plastic box? Note that if it's wire nuts, and if you're an old hand at electrical wiring, you can solder and tape up or use heat shrink in order to eliminate that box. Make for a slimmer trimmer splice. Still will pooch out, if done properly, but not as big as a box. That's assuming there are wire nuts in that junction box. Last I heard soldering is still 100% up to code.

It's most likely a 'low profile' junction box. That's just a WAG though, without a picture to go on.

Your love seat will very likely have room for a wire running underneath, even if there is a junction box spliced in.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 03:21 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Sounds similar to my INTENT 26m. I removed the box and disconnected the cables, put the couch in place, and ran the cables thru the base and reconnected.
The seat belt bolts coming up thru the floor of the slide out was the bigger concern for me.
This is part of a theater seating collection at Jerome’s Furniture. It had a center console that made it too long for the space, so I cut it out of the frame to make it shorter. It also made the installation easier with 2 separate seats vs. a long couch. I just screwed each to the floor.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	9172BCED-6066-41F4-99D6-B1F1C58B186E.jpeg
Views:	47
Size:	449.8 KB
ID:	179684  
Old 06-23-2021, 05:04 PM   #4
Sevans

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyOIB View Post
Hi everyone! I’m hoping to replace the dinette in my 2013 Vista 27N with a loveseat. In looking under the forward facing seating area there is a cable attached to the floor that is covered with a wooden box.inside the box the cable is about 31 inches long and it runs from the outer wall just under my 110 receptacle to a hole in the floor. I’m sure it’s for that receptacle however there is a 1” x 2” plastic junction box of some kind in the middle of the cable. I’m wondering if loveseats have space under them for things like that or might I have to look into rerouting that cable? And what kind of junction box might that be? I’ve not seen one like it before?

Under that box is the cable train for the power to the lights and outlets in the slide out. It is a plastic 'ladder' looking device that allows the cable to move in and out with the slide. In the bay under the slide on the right you can see a metal box that allows the cable train to accumulate when the slide is out. Google IGUS cable train and you can see how it works.
Sevans is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
install