Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2022, 01:12 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Loud vibrating sound

Very loud vibrative sound coming from front driver side inside the grill but in front of the engine wall. Sound starts around 55-60 mph but it’s intermittent. Anybody experience this? Thought it might be coming from air filter compartment but I opened that up and everything looked good. Also padded the license plate to no avail. Couldn’t find anything that seemed to be loose. This is a sound only. It doesn’t effect the drive at all.
RoxyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 02:36 PM   #2
Site Team

Hi RoxyMom,
Could you please use this tone generator and tell us what frequency you are hearing:
https://www.szynalski.com/tone-generator/
That would help give us a clue. Also, what is the year & model of your motorhome?
Welcome to the forum.
Eagle5
Old 06-02-2022, 07:59 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle5 View Post
Hi RoxyMom,
Could you please use this tone generator and tell us what frequency you are hearing:
https://www.szynalski.com/tone-generator/
That would help give us a clue. Also, what is the year & model of your motorhome?
Welcome to the forum.
Eagle5
Thanks Eagle5! When I get on the road tomorrow morning, I’ll use the tone generator and let you know the frequency. My RV is a 2014 Vista 26HE.
Old 06-02-2022, 08:24 PM   #4
Site Team

Hi Again RoxyMom,
Now knowing what model you have, I found this related Thread:
Vista 30T 2014 excessive wind noise
In the second post is a recording of the sound. Does this sound like your noise?
Thanks, Eagle5
Old 06-03-2022, 07:20 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Thanks again Eagle5,
His description of when the noise happens is identical to ours; Heading west into a stiff wind in Iowa? I’m in SDak now…still windy, still vibrating. Yes, his sound sounds like ours. I think it has to do with a missing “stopper” on the hood. We fiddled with it last night and we’ll see if there’s any improvement today (there is one stopper on the driver’s side but it was loose). I’ll also check those weep holes. Thanks again
Old 06-04-2022, 06:02 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Eagle5…
Yep, it’s the hood that’s vibrating and it’s due to the missing stopper on the passenger side. Furthermore, the driver side stopper was loose. We drilled a hole in the fiberglass and secured the remaining stopper with a bolt and the vibration lessened significantly. We’ll adjust the stopper a little and see if we can eliminate the vibration altogether but I think that will only happen if we replace the passenger side stopper. Thanks again for responding to my plea for help.
RoxyMom
Old 06-04-2022, 09:41 AM   #7
Site Team

Hi again RoxyMom,
Excellent that you have isolated the vibration. Also, the design of the stopper may have changed, so you may wish to replace both sides if that is the case.
Happy Trails!
Eagle5
Old 06-19-2022, 04:55 PM   #8
Winnie Driver

Buzzing sound

Hi, I just saw the post about wind noise-I am the original poster of that buzz sound, and made that recording. If that is the problem you are having, it turned out to be caused by something you would not expect, and it took me months to find it. It is the upper weatherstrip on the windshield buzzing in the wind because it flexes, air gets under it, and it flaps up and down. I caulked the underside of it with butyl caulk, and the repeating problem never happened again, after thousands of miles. If you have tried other fixes for that sounds and it's still happening, this is the fix for it. You will get some caulk on the glass where it shows, but it can be cleaned of with a razor blade scraper.It's not an easy thing to reach, but if you have a scaffold, that would be the best way. Ours was so loud our ears would be ringing after an hour or 2 of that. I don't know what the missing vent plug wind noise sounds like-we never heard it, or it is nothing compared to the weatherstrip sound. Hope this helps, good luck with your fix.
Bill
gravityimage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 05:16 PM   #9
Winnie Driver

Did you see my reply to your problem with the sound coming from the front of your Vista MH?
gravityimage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 01:16 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Yes I did see your reply and absolutely appreciate your input. We thought we had the problem solved only to have the noise recur. Now we have addressed the windshield and surrounding plastic flashing with some foam packing and have had peace and quiet. Thx again.