Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-09-2020, 08:47 AM   #41
Winnebago Master

I rarely lock the deadbolt from outside. What I do that's worked for a very long time now is to put something on the lever lock, that lower lock actuating lever, to keep it fixed in place. Something that keeps it in place when the door is slammed. It dropping down and locking people out seems to be the standard problem with these locks. I've used zip ties, rubber bands, and now pony tail elastics to hold it over the years. Those all worked but two women's pony tail elastics seem to be the ultimate solution. Those last much longer and are more convenient then other methods. Just $1 at the Dollar Store for 10. Work great.

And since I don't use the dead bolt lock unless I'm inside, that means a magnetic box with one key for the lower lock is all that's needed.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 10:44 PM   #42
Winnebago Owner

why do you think ? there are none made as of yet, but as long as that type of door opening has been around, since the 1990's, you would think one would exist.

yes we all would like a digital entry at least as a back up.

If you find some that works, PLEASE let us know about it !
SmilingSimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 10:54 PM   #43
Winnebago Owner

also many places are non magnetic which would be great places, but since my 'hood' does not lock, many metal places there, and convenient but gas tank area is a nice backup !!

first thing i did when i found someone who could accurately make trimark keys, not the ace h/w and a few others i tried, made 5 sets of keys and have backups all over (+ 2 for ex wifey !!).

but since a lockout of car w/ engine running 30yrs ago, i now ALWAYS carry to sets of keys, 1 in left pocket, 1 in ignition, guess what, never have been locked out since !!

also never had to call lock smith, and was able to get wire coat hanger twisted in 5 ways to finally open that door 30ys ago, PIA plus was in country side and had to beg a wire rack too - and hot !

Boy Scout !!
SmilingSimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 07:12 AM   #44
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sr-Chief View Post
Try https://www.rvlock.com/ to purchase a keyless RV lock for the RV
As pointed out they don't not have one that the Op including the picture at the beginning. No one does, I have the same issue probably because it's so compact there's not enough room for all the mechanism to fit.
1237dmctlc is offline   Reply With Quote