Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-27-2021, 06:48 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Location of fuse

I have a 2004 adventurer, the house batteries will not work and the generator will not come on. When I plug into a 50 amp service everything works fine. Is there a fuse that I can't locate or an other solution?
Charlieholl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 08:37 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

The most common cause of this situation is that the coach batteries are not good enough to do their job. This is common because when RV set for long term there are items still connected and drawing power, even when we have the battery disconnect turned off!
There are some items that are considered necessary safety items, like co and propane detectors which draw power.

Some review of history of the RV may help shed some light as when stored, things do go down hill if we don't prep right. Has the RV been setting for several weeks without being connected to some form of charging so that the batteries ran down and possibly set for some time? This can often lead to damage, even on new batteries, so a check that they are good is step one.

This is assuming the coach battery disconnect is turned on??

But there may be other things, so more checking is worthwhile. When you are plugged in and most things work, does the voltage on the batteries show high, due to the charge voltage coming from the converter which uses the shore power to make the 12 VDC?
If things are right, you might see as high as 13+ volts on the coach batteries but that is not the true battery voltage, just the charge coming in!

Maybe do some looking/checking and see if that makes sense and test the battery voltage after they have set for a few hours without charging as weak/dead batteries will then show much lower.
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, fuse