Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-06-2023, 04:45 PM   #1
RJL
Winnebago Camper

Lippert Bed Control Issues 2012 Tour 42AD

Hello everyone,
I seem to need some help with my 2012 Tour 42AD. My wife went to bring in the slides this morning and of course to bring in the rear one the bed needed to be tilted up. I was outside and she hollered the bed won't tilt up. I went inside and sure enough it wouldn't tilt. I opened the panel at the foot of the bed and the bed control was flashing both red and green or yellow lights very rapidly. I pressed what appeared to be a reset button and it changed to flashing red twice and the green/yellow once. I asked her to try the bed and it didn't work. I pressed the button again and just the yellow/green light was flashing. I asked her to try it again it the bed came up. We put it back down again and the control was flashing very rapidly again with both lights and would not come back up. I pushed the reset button again until i got the flashing yellow/green light only and the bed came up again. Since we were in a RV park and needed to leave I left well enough alone and brought the slide in and headed home. I'm not finding much information about that control in my manuals or online. Have any of you experience this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Picture attached for reference of the control I appear to be having issues with. Thanks, Rick
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bed Control.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	296.7 KB
ID:	185348  
RJL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2023, 06:12 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

I'm A firm believer in going as straight to the folks who know as possible!
I'm NOT it but this manual may be the correct one for your light /troubleshooting questions!
https://support.lci1.com/schwintek-bed-tilt

Under manuals and then troubleshootin? Is this the correct one for your model?
Looks right from here. Maybe page 7 for calibrating and what the lights mean.
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2023, 07:00 PM   #3
RJL
Winnebago Camper

I have the 15001-D. This looks to be for the 15001-A but it looks identical. Thank you so much! I won't get to it until this weekend but I'll let you know if it works. Rick
Old 03-06-2023, 09:46 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

When I had that problem on my 2015 Winni I removed the two wires from the switch (one in middle of bed when you lift it) and put a jumper on it. That did allow me to operate the bed. I have a new switch but I have not installed it yet. I put a sticky on the master control panel to raise bed before trying to pull in the big slide.

Here is tech service manual Page 7 has calibration information.

If it is the controller you can get one off of Amazon. Link is in the service manual.

Lippert Error Codes

Here is a YouTube video on [/url=
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2023, 10:13 PM   #5
Site Team

Yes, Wayne above has an important point. There is a small switch under your bed and the bed has to activate that switch or it won’t retract. Ours occasionally doesn’t retract and we’ve always been able to fix the issue by going to the foot of the bed and giving it a firm bump towards the wall.

I assume the bed has moved a tiny bit and the switch has lost contact. Mind you, when I bump the foot of the bed, it doesn’t move at all… but it must move enough to make the system work normally.

I’ve read for years about people getting under the bed and bypassing the switch, but since it’s a rare occurrence and the bump works I’ve never had to go that far.
Old 03-07-2023, 04:20 AM   #6
RJL
Winnebago Camper

Thank you all for the responses and I'll do some more investigating and troubleshooting this weekend. I'll let you know what I find out. Rick
Old 03-08-2023, 09:32 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Make sure you consider the reason for the switches. The big wall slide will not come in when the switches are working properly and the bed is not in the up-tilt position. Bypassing switches may bypass the safety mechanism.

Also pay attention to the "calibration" of the bed. If it is not calibrated the bed will not move. Using the controller is how to calibrate the bed as stated in the manual.
Old 03-09-2023, 04:31 AM   #8
RJL
Winnebago Camper

Thank you Wayne! My unit doesn't have the big slide like the QD but I understand the process is the same when it comes to the safety switches. The initial problem was the bed would not retract until I started messing with the controller at the foot of the bed. Somehow it lost its configuration settings and was showing a fault. I am going over this evening to attempt to set the limits according to the manuals and instructions that a few great people on this forum have sent to me in a link. We'll see what happens and go from there I guess. Stay tuned! Thanks again!
Old 03-09-2023, 07:30 PM   #9
RJL
Winnebago Camper

**Update**
Well I didn't think I would get to it until this weekend but my anxiety got the best of me. LOL. I went over to the RV this evening after work with the instructions in hand to attempt to reconfigure the bed tilt. After several attempts to get the controller into the correct mode I got the stops set and the bed went up and down perfectly. Unfortunately, When I set the up stop I did not have the bed up high enough to trigger the switch to allow the slide to come in. So again I went though the settings on the controller and placed the bed at a little higher tilt before setting the stops again and low and behold everything is working great. I put the bed up and down three times while checking that the slide would come in between each cycle up and down and had no issues. I don't know what caused the configuration to get out of wack to begin with to cause this whole issue but it works great now. I only tried it up and down three times due to fear of possibly overheating the bed tilt motor. Don't need to cause any more issues. LOL. Thank you to you all for the videos, suggestions, and links to files for troubleshooting. This is a wonderful forum and I really enjoy reading all the posts. Thanks Again! Rick
Old 03-20-2023, 07:17 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJL View Post
**Update**
Well I didn't think I would get to it until this weekend but my anxiety got the best of me. LOL. I went over to the RV this evening after work with the instructions in hand to attempt to reconfigure the bed tilt. After several attempts to get the controller into the correct mode I got the stops set and the bed went up and down perfectly. Unfortunately, When I set the up stop I did not have the bed up high enough to trigger the switch to allow the slide to come in. So again I went though the settings on the controller and placed the bed at a little higher tilt before setting the stops again and low and behold everything is working great. I put the bed up and down three times while checking that the slide would come in between each cycle up and down and had no issues. I don't know what caused the configuration to get out of wack to begin with to cause this whole issue but it works great now. I only tried it up and down three times due to fear of possibly overheating the bed tilt motor. Don't need to cause any more issues. LOL. Thank you to you all for the videos, suggestions, and links to files for troubleshooting. This is a wonderful forum and I really enjoy reading all the posts. Thanks Again! Rick

Thanks for posting Chief. We had the same issue last week on our 2017 42E.
GrumpyVet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 07:50 AM   #11
RJL
Winnebago Camper

You're welcome!
Old 03-20-2023, 08:08 AM   #12
Winnebago Master

FYI:

Amazon has Lippert Controllers

Tags