Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-03-2018, 03:50 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Like opinion on 29R

Hey all-

We full-timed for five years in a 40-foot diesel with four slides. It was huge and completely comfortable. We bought a house, sold the coach, but just recently decided we'd like to continue RV'ing, but for only weeks at a time.

I've narrowed our search down to the 29R. But with one LR slide, and 29 1/2 feet long, I wonder if I'm downsizing too much. Would 29R owners please comment on their comfort level in the coach, living with just one other person? Does it feel cramped? Are you ok being in it for, say, a month at a time?

I know it won't be like the 40-footer; I don't mind that. And I know it's so subjective. But I would like opinions from current owners such as, "hey, it's fine; I love it", or perhaps, "It has proven to be a bit small; wish I'd gotten something just a bit larger".

Thanks much!

dave
dshinnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 05:15 PM   #2

What type of camping are you anticipating? Private RV parks? Dry/boondocking? A combination?
LarryW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 08:38 AM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Mostly private RV parks. Don't dry camp much, and state parks don't often do that much for me.
dshinnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 09:19 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

We bought a 2006 Sunova 29R about 2 1/2 years ago, our first RV, and love it. We've gone on three cross country (Florida to Washington) trips, plus numerous other short trips here in FL, adding nearly 30K miles since the purchase. For myself, wife, big dog, and cat, the size actually seems perfect and we have no desire for anything bigger, even after spending several months in it each of the past three summers. The "small" size allows us to get into a lot of state and forest service sites, which is what we prefer, that we often couldn't do with something bigger. The layout is awesome and there's tons of storage for everything we bring. Build quality seems great and most of our RV friends who see it are very impressed.
divein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 07:40 PM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks for the reply. I'm looking at this model myself. Like the layout and the shorter size also ground clearance look looks decent.
Hacksaw55 is offline   Reply With Quote