Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-03-2020, 10:52 AM   #1
Veteran & RV Owner

LCI Controls Dead - No Power

I just wanted to post this to the "knowledge base" for someone to benefit from in the future! My problem is solved!

Last weekend, we went to a local RV Resort just to get some use out of the coach. I leave the jacks down while the coach is in storage (makes the coach a bit harder to steal if you don't have the keys to raise the jacks!). The LCI jacks raised up without any problems. After arrival at the RV Resort, I parked and hit the "AutoLevel" button on the LCI panel. The jacks started to lower and then I got a bunch of blinking on the panel with a low voltage error and the panel went dead. Sometimes, after turning the coach engine off and cranking it up again, I would get a flicker of life from the LCI panel only to go dead again. I checked all fuses I could find under the dash, and in the outside cargo bay near the door. No fuses appeared to be popped and needed to be reset. Only one jack had lowered, the Left rear jack. The other three jacks were still up. The "Chassis" battery was putting out 12.9 volts, adequate to power the LCI Jack System with the engine running and the parking brake set.

A guy next to me walked over and asked me what was wrong. I explained the problem to him and he told me that sometimes these LCI Jack Systems need to be reset, simply by unplugging the power cable to the pump and reconnecting it. He showed me how to do it and the LCI Jack System came alive, the left rear jack raised itself back up. All is now good!

So, the solution to a dead LCI Control panel might be to disconnect and reconnect the power cable next to the pump. I will try and get a photo later to illustrate where to find this cable next to the pump.
armullis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 05:42 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Thanks for this post! Good to know!!
Americanrascal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power