Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-10-2015, 12:20 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Ladder on Winnebago Brave

Suppose to be getting a 2015 Winnebago Brave Say suppose to because the dealer is being, well, a dealer.

Has anyone installed a ladder on the rear of the 2015 Brave. The model is specifically the 26A

Good to back on the Winnie forum

------------------------------
Few minutes later. Talking with Winnebago Service, a ladder can be mounted if metal backing plate have been installed in the fiberglass cap. I don't think so. Still curious if anyone has done so.

Thanks

Richard
Old 08-11-2015, 10:11 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

No but here is a Brave (Old and New) Facebook page that you can join. Someone there may have an answer.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/735629463187747/
Old 08-12-2015, 05:05 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Thanks for info.

Love your guard dog.
Old 08-12-2015, 06:49 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

I haven't put one on mine. Why do you feel it's necessary?
Old 08-12-2015, 09:26 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

I apologize. (I deleted my insensitve post) I get "zinged" a lot on different forums so might be a bit oversensitive. The mounted ladder on the back makes is very easy to the top in case of an issue without having to search for ladder.

And usually when searching in a hurry you don't have an adequate ladder so you make do. And this can be dangerous.

On the very negative side, the ladders can be dangerous. A member of our organization snagged his foot and did a header to the ground. He survived, but was badly injured.

It is all moot as the 26 Brave is not designed to have a ladder added. I talked directly with Winnebago service. He told me if metal plates were imbedded in the fiberglass, a ladder could be added. I looked and did not see any. So I moved away from this idea.

I found this on Amazon and will probably order.

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B...A3AN9QJNQ0FYAY

If not decent quality, I'll return it. But it should fit nicely in a compartment and give me my piece of mind of where is an adequate ladder.

Again, sorry for the snarkiness. Cheers

Richard
Old 08-12-2015, 09:45 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Makes sense. I figured if I got on the roof it would cave under me, lol. That ladder looks nice. I was thinking of the little giant ladder system I saw on TV back in the day.

Do you get on the roof to check the roof it self or to check maybe the A/C? What's up there I should be worried about? (sorry for the total noob questions)
Old 08-12-2015, 10:15 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Ladder on Winnebago Brave

Need to get on the roof for sure!
Clean A/Cs, reseal calking joints, clean roof, clear leaves and sticks from slide toppers, adjust sat dish, etc etc. Several times each year!
Mine all had rear ladders. Easier to get the last step (on the roof) than a ladder leaning on the side.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 11:17 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

CampDaven answered your question very well. Things also fall from the sky that need to be removed.

It is far easier using a unit-mounted ladder as you need to get the ladder above the roof line to safely step onto the roof.

As for falling through, Winnebago roofs are very strong. My previous Winnebago was in a hail storm with softball size hail (in truth, the hail was large, but soft. Smished like a snowball). The was no damage, but I wanted to check quickly.

Feel free to ask any question, you wish. If you don't know, you don't know. Most will do their best to help you. If you wish, you can always send me a private post with questions.

I've rv'd for a long time and done much wrong. But I learn each time. Forums are great in letting you share someone else's bad or good experiences.

Cheers
Old 08-12-2015, 08:25 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadRohrers View Post
Thanks for info.

Love your guard dog.

Thanks. She's the smallest of our three but definitely the alpha
Old 08-12-2015, 10:43 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Ae carry a ladder that fits in the basement storage across the width of our 27B Brave.

I need to get to the roof frequently to clean the solar panels so not having a ladder would not work.

Reiner
reinerka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 05:26 AM   #11
Winnebago Owner

I bought a good ladder that stores well and is tall enough to get to the top, but is not as convenient as having one on the back. I've only had my Brave 26 for two weeks and learning things about it.

I was looking under the rear cap more closely this week and I noticed two things.

1. Winnebago did a pretty uncharacteristic, craptacular job with the wiring back there. Just hanging down and not tied down. I'll finish the gob for them.

2. There are metal plates imbedded in the fiberglass cap so a ladder can be safely installed. They are on the DS of the coach. I know where the lower and middle plates are, but did not see the top ones.
Old 08-24-2015, 09:45 AM   #12
Winnebago Camper

We just store the ladder in the pass through compartment with good results. Not havin a rear ladder is stupid on Winnebagos side.
Reiner
reinerka is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brave, winnebago