Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-30-2021, 04:01 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Kwikee Level Best 3000 Replacement Jack

2005 Itasca Sunova 29R with Kwikee Level Best 3000 Hydraulic Jacks. Looking to replace 2 to 4 jacks with new as they are leaking fluid down the cylinder onto the foot pad. The seals are the problem I believe they are not serviceable as the unit is fully enclosed.

I believe the replacement jacks are Lippert Part/Model #359278 ? Does anyone know of any vendor that sells this part besides Lippert? I've researched and some have used WD40 on the cylinder shaft to really slow their leaks, some others have cut the top off the encasement and replaced the seals and welded the part back together. I might do the WD40 thing especially before I buy new. Can't hurt! Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.....Thanks, Brian
BVGray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 05:03 PM   #2
Site Team

Are you sure they are not serviceable?

May I suggest you get another opinion on that unless you have it on good authority. The thing to do is either take out the jacks and take them to a hydraulic shop near you or drive the RV to such a shop if they will take the jacks out for you. Not all shops will do that task.

There are at least 4-hydraulic shops in nearby Tucson. I didn't check Wilcox, but maybe.

eTrailer sells them and so does Amazon, but everywhere I looked they were $575 or so each.
Old 12-30-2021, 10:45 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Many Winnebago Hydraulic jacks are not serviceable. My 2008 had a bad jack. To service it they wiould have to use a torch to cut into it and the re-weld it. They would not provide any warranty or continued service on it. Only thing to do was to replace it...which I didn't do. Instead, flushed it a few times and one day it just started working properly...just sayin'.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2021, 06:00 AM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Many Winnebago Hydraulic jacks are not serviceable.
Thanks Wayne, I learn something new everyday. I thought all hydraulic pistons were serviceable.
Old 12-31-2021, 07:49 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Me also Steve, until I had one that wasn't! :-)
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 04:29 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Can be rebuilt pretty cheaply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVGray View Post
2005 Itasca Sunova 29R with Kwikee Level Best 3000 Hydraulic Jacks. Looking to replace 2 to 4 jacks with new as they are leaking fluid down the cylinder onto the foot pad. The seals are the problem I believe they are not serviceable as the unit is fully enclosed.

I believe the replacement jacks are Lippert Part/Model #359278 ? Does anyone know of any vendor that sells this part besides Lippert? I've researched and some have used WD40 on the cylinder shaft to really slow their leaks, some others have cut the top off the encasement and replaced the seals and welded the part back together. I might do the WD40 thing especially before I buy new. Can't hurt! Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.....Thanks, Brian
I did all 4 of mine last year.
Custom cylinders inc in Kentucky will rebuild for you but shipping is expensive.
Found friend who knew how to cut them open on his lathe and reweld them. Work great.
dale57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 07:00 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

I have a 2006 Winnebago Sightseer 29R and had two jacks leaking. I was lucky enough to get them repaired for about half the price of two new ones (which were on back order or weren't available). It was a year or two ago and so far so good. The hydraulics shop said that the original internals had pretty cheap components. They upgraded the quality of the parts and felt confident with how long they would last. Here is their website: https://hydraulicrepaircenter.com/ Good luck!
Old 01-07-2022, 10:17 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Kwikee Lippert Level Best leaky jacks

Two of these began leaking on my 2007 29r. I researched, visited shops and finally decided to buy new ones. All of my local rebuilders said they would not attempt nor guarantee an overhaul, and yes it involves cutting them open then re-welding. I found a couple shops in the southeast, but Shipping from Seattle can be very expensive. I decided at the time not to take a chance, looked everywhere and determined Etrailer.com was the most reliable source, and I ordered from them. A bit spendy (1118.00 each) yes, but the new jacks work perfectly and were fairly easy to replace myself. Part #LC359275 and in stock. I now have 2 leaky jacks that I would love to overhaul for the future when the front pair fail, so if anyone can recommend a shop that they have used for this overhaul I would like to talk to them.
Mikeknapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 07:03 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Our local hydraulic shop jumped right on rebuilding all four of ours. The total price for all four was 1/2 the cost of a single new jack, which was quoted to us at $1,300!

Hundley Hyraulics, Cleburn TX.
DryCreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 10:04 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Kwikee level best 3000 replacement jacks

I wish I had such a resourceful and capable hydraulic shop near me so I could look them in the eye and hold them accountable on the quality of the repair, but sadly I do not...
It is a complex and specialized repair.
In the long run, saving 50% did not justify the risk to me to ship the jacks 1500+ miles and 'hope for the best'.
We must all make out own decisions.
Good luck with yours!
Mikeknapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 12:27 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Kwikee Level Best 3000 Replacement Jacks

Thanks for all the responses. I have actually located a hydraulic shop in Tucson, AZ who will rebuild my jacks for about 1/3 of the cost of purchasing them new. Hydraulic Repair and Supplies, Tucson, AZ. Again, thanks everyone.....
BVGray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2023, 05:17 PM   #12
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by dale57 View Post
I did all 4 of mine last year.
Custom cylinders inc in Kentucky will rebuild for you but shipping is expensive.
Found friend who knew how to cut them open on his lathe and reweld them. Work great.
I know this is an old post, but I just sent all four of my jacks to Custom Cylinders, Intl. in Kentucky. $the shipping was expensive, to and from, but they repaired all four jacks for about $400 ea. I have an '05 Voyage. I was quoted upwards of $2000 to "look at and see if we can repair" just two of my jacks. The problem I have now is that the Kwikee control panel is not responding so I'm still stuck in Albequerque mid-trip. I was very impressed with the service I got from Custom Cylinder, Intl. (NOT "Inc.") - three day turn around from the time they arrived.
IverJ410 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, kwikee, replace, replacement