Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-28-2014, 08:36 PM   #21
Winnebago Watcher

Went from dish to directv and no regrets. Dish customer service was the turning point as was their selection of programing.
cloudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 03:48 PM   #22
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robhobart View Post
1. Wind noise at freeway speed; pretty loud in fact...it's on both sides so it's not the driver's side door. Sounds like it's coming from the mirrors or the edge of the windshield trim. It's the kind of sound one gets if a window is slightly ajar. Louder on the facing-a-sidewind side of the coach. Has anyone experienced this and what's the fix?

Call these folks with your SN: Winnebago, Itasca, Era New - Used Motorhomes for Sale, Iowa RV Dealer - Lichtsinn Motors will tell you the part # for the left and right window drain covers. I put them on every roadside window I have. They only cost about $1.95 per port.

2. Winegard Travel'r satellite dish...both factory and dealer told me in two separate conversations that it was going to be a Dish network satellite but it came with a (perfectly installed and fully functional) DirecTV one. I would like to switch it to Dish and the Winegard folks tell me it's easy enough that I can do it myself for $130; dealer is quoting $300 for parts and ?? for labor. Anyone done this conversion and can I pull it off if I'm not a technician guru?

I am under the impression you simply need to change the LNB and the control box that you use to turn the system own. I don't think the base and motors need to be changed. Your system is a SWIM?

3. Inside tires on the rear duals have stems that're pretty hard to find and reach; any advice on having someone install steel valve extensions? (I have installed a screw on tire pressure monitoring system and it's working fine but I can foresee it being a pain to adjust the inside tire pressures)

A truck tire shop should be able to set you up. I don't know why the factory didn't.

4. I'm sure the dealer will address when I bring it back in for an adjustment to the awning, which is sticking (they're waiting for the part), but I have the on demand style water heater, which works great in the shower, bathroom sink and external shower. Trouble is the kitchen sink hot water doesn't seem to create enough flow to trigger the water heater to kick in (it does put out hot water if I turn on the bathroom sink hot at the same time). Maybe a kinked hose? I can't figure out why the pressure from the kitchen sink hot side would be different than the outside shower or bathroom sink so I'm hoping maybe someone's dealt with this one.

What style faucet do you have? Is it the all in one type? If so, remove it from the hose and run your hot water. See if it gets hotter. If it does the faucet head may be plugged or you may have to remove the flow restrictor from it.

5. Fiiiinally some howzit work info...dealer and manual aren't clear on whether I have to have the inverter turned on for the solar panel to charge the batteries. Also, will the solar panel charge the batteries if while parked idle for an extended time I switch off the battery disconnect switches (seems to me it won't but it would be cool if it did). Anyone who knows the answer or a way I can figure it out by looking at the display, please let me know. The panel controller is a Eurolights Ltd model EL-CM3024Z.

I tried to find some info in the wiring diagrams for your coach but couldn't find the solar wiring. Call the factory customer support folks. They may be able to answer this question.

Not complaining...I'm thrilled overall just figured I'd reach out to the community rather than grasping blindly here in Newbie land. Thanks again to the smart folks who got me the info on hitch heights for this rig; because of that help I had exactly the right hitch drop and was able to drag my toad right off the lot the first time!
to you and your new adventure (pun intended ). Hope you have many happy travels to entertain friends and family with.

Happy trails.

Rick Y

Tags
vent