Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-22-2017, 02:52 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Junction City, OR Info & Pics

Junction City, Oregon INFO

Lots of people have been requesting info about the new service center in Junction City, OR and in particular where to stay. I have enclosed several photos so you can get an idea of the spots. I have also included part of their info packet. My only comment would be to park close to the fence as it is a stretch for electrical and water connections. Here is a good GPS location to use:

44°13'09.4"N 123°11'58.4"W

It is located at the intersection of E 6th Ave and Deal Street. Also located at the same location is the Day Memorial Park in Junction City.

https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/22687993_10209541408721521_6262407304702227405_n.j pg?oh=eaeea6260810cd337af5f7fa5aee0937&oe=5A688083[/IMG]

Retired_Helo_Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 05:13 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I also just added it here at campgroundreviews.com
Retired_Helo_Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 08:16 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

We spent 3 days there starting Sept. 28th this year. It was great except for the trains. I don't think we could have spent more than that there because by the time we left we were very sleep deprived. It is a great facility and we would definitely go back if we had any kind of structural problem (ours was a pesky slide that was not aligned properly from the factory). Our coach is a 2005 so that is a long time to be unaligned. It is perfect now thanks to these folks. They are the greatest.
maryinreddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 08:00 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Thanks for this posting, Pilot. Great to see pictures of their setup. I'm planning on heading there next year for a going over and some slide maintenance.

Also, I love trains! I'd sleep like a baby with them running all night. Everyone's different.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 01:21 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

I'm not talking about trains in the distance. I am talking about trains that are less than a block away from where you are sleeping. You are very near a intersection where a crossing is so you hear the train whistle and rumble all night long. They are required to blow the whistle at every crossing so there is quite a bit of it going on all night. Ine guy lays on the horn all the way through town not just at the crossings. Very disturbing.
Old 11-01-2017, 06:27 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

WOW! I did not know there was a Winnebago Service Center in Junction City. I was just there to have Jacks installed on my 2017 View24J. We stayed in the Guaranty RV lot 1st nite and checked in at 8am. They needed 2 days to do the work. We drove up to Harrisburg to a great Motel/RV park on the River with a river view. Chance to get a good Hot Shower/Bath and sleep. Bad new was that Guaranty RV did not do any work and did not order the HWH kit.
I made appointment 2 months in advance and checked a couple of times to see if it was a go. No contact to tell me this was not going to work. They drove my RV across the street and left it. Of course they did not plug in the Electric and food was ruined. Also they were going to charge me 2 hours Labor to discover they had wrong parts. So far I have not paid them.My Service Mgr really let me down and he should have had the parts. He lied to me that the wrong parts were sent. I called the HWH Factory and the kit they said came has not been supplied since 2007. I had driven 500 miles to include this a Mini Vacation to Oregon and the Columbia River Gorge.My point is I am not too Happy with Guaranty RV in Junction City and I am glad to hear Winnebago is there.
1953Tbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 11:12 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

What a horror story that was. I am so glad that we chose to go to the Winnebago factory service place instead of Guaranty. I had thought of going there because everything in that town seems to be named Guaranty. The folks at Winnebago are wonderful. They really know their stuff. Our slide problem was probably one that happened in the factory when ours was built in 2005 but nobody could diagnose it properly. These guys knew exactly what to do. I am surprised you didn't take your 2017 to them in the first place.
I would not hesitate to take our coach back to them if our repair place ever runs into a problem that they cannot handle. I know it's a long trip (for us it's hours) but it is so well worth it in the long run. I hope you get your problem sorted out.
We also had to wait a month for an appointment but they finally fixed our problem and that's all we wanted.
Old 11-03-2017, 10:49 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Junction City, Factory Service Center

We spent 10 days at the Junction City in early October to have repairs done on a 2017 Journey 36M. The staff, our tech Josh, and everyone else we met at the factory were great. They know what they are doing. We decided to take the MH there following issues with our local dealer not getting problems resolved,l even through we purchased the new 2017 Journey 36M from them at the end of April 2017. The "campground" is great, you have full hookups, the tech picks up the MH at 8am daily and returns it at 4pm each day (they don't work on weekends) so you can stay in your MH and not incur additional costs. There is a park right behind the parking area and their lounge is a short walk across the park. The trains are close and run both day and night. Some nights are worse than others, but we found we adjusted after the first couple of days and did not notice as much at night.
The major issue to be aware of is that they do not stock parts. Most are shipped from Forest City. With the fact that they are building all DP in Junction City this hopefully will change. We had a leaking pump for our jacks and originally were informed that we would be looking at an additional 3 weeks(after the 10 days we had originally been there) since the pump was still under warranty from Lippert and needed to be built and shipped from Lippert. After raising the issue that this had been a problem from the day we took delivery to the supervisor of Owner Relations in Forest City and the Service Manager in Junction City they agreed to ship the parts required from Forest City where they were in stock. Just prior to our leaving Junction City Winnebago corporate visited the service center and we heard from the techs that they were given approval to stock some parts. The parts issue was the biggest complaint we heard from everyone at the factory campground.
We are already planning to take the MH back prior to the end of April next year for additional repairs. This requires over 2000 miles each trip and with a new MH the number of repair issue we have experienced with major items like the jacks and slides is very disappointing; but due to the lack of a reputable and authorized warranty service dealer in southern california this is our best option.
Montyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 11:50 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

I feel very fortunate that we were able to take our coach up to the Junction City facility instead of having to go to Forest City. It wouldn't have been a bad trip if it was in the summer and could have been incorporated into a summer trip but we did not look forward to going there when winter is fast approaching. As it was, we had to leave our coach there for them to fix and could not have stayed in it because they had to disassemble our slides. It had to be kept in the bay the whole time because an inspector was coming to see what the damage was before the insurance company would agree to pay for it. We would not hesitate to take our coach back to them for any kind of major repair. We will keep taking it back to our local shop for maintenance but if there is anything they can't fix on the first try we will go back.
Old 11-27-2017, 02:22 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryinreddin View Post
I'm not talking about trains in the distance. I am talking about trains that are less than a block away from where you are sleeping. You are very near a intersection where a crossing is so you hear the train whistle and rumble all night long. They are required to blow the whistle at every crossing so there is quite a bit of it going on all night. Ine guy lays on the horn all the way through town not just at the crossings. Very disturbing.
I have gotten the best sleep ever right next to a running locomotive. ( Retired railroader )
Khuuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 02:47 PM   #11
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khuuff View Post
I have gotten the best sleep ever right next to a running locomotive. ( Retired railroader )
I'm with you. Grew up with tracks just 25 yards back of our backyard and they'd blow their whistle as they passed. Now, I can be within 20 feet of tracks and sleep like a baby. Even if one wakes me, have no trouble going to sleep as the rumbling is soothing.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote