Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-03-2007, 05:59 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Next question on my new 07 Journey. The Trip Odometer, how do you reset that? I also cannot reset the date. In my WB owners manual, it refers to chassis manufacturer manual, but I have not yet found it in there either.

I can scroll thru the different settings, but when I try to reset, the info center gives me "Not Authorized" messege. Doesn't matter which way I toggle the little button.

I know there must me a simple method to do this but I guess I really am technologically challenged!

Thanks!

2007 Winnebago Journey 39K Freightliner Chassis, Cat C7
Old Snipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 05:59 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Next question on my new 07 Journey. The Trip Odometer, how do you reset that? I also cannot reset the date. In my WB owners manual, it refers to chassis manufacturer manual, but I have not yet found it in there either.

I can scroll thru the different settings, but when I try to reset, the info center gives me "Not Authorized" messege. Doesn't matter which way I toggle the little button.

I know there must me a simple method to do this but I guess I really am technologically challenged!

Thanks!

Old 06-03-2007, 08:28 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Paul,
I would have expected someone else would have replied to you by now. Trouble is, I know the answer, but don't recall exactly each step and haven't had a chance to go out to the coach and check it out for you. To reset the time and date, it seems that it can only be done when the coach is first turned on. Hold the joystick one direction or the other, can't recall which direction, try both, then you can get into the setup screen which has the date and time. The trip meter, highlight the trip line on the display and then hold the joystick to the right I believe, and then it should ask if you want to reset it. Hope this helps, I know those two questions frustrated me for some time as well. Also, I do believe it's in the Freightliner manual, but was difficult to find. Good luck! And sorry I don't remember all the details off hand.
Alan
Old 06-03-2007, 08:32 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Thanks Alan,

I'm elbow deep in the Fruitliner manual right now, still searching. Unfortunatley, had to drop off the new baby ti the storage lot until next week, so maybe by then I'll find the exact instructions.

I appreciate your help!

Old 06-03-2007, 09:27 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Send a message via Yahoo to vicsryd
Trip odometere on the speedometer is reset by the same rocker switch you use to change from main odo to trip odo. When you cycle to the trip odo just hold down the rocker switch for 5 seconds and it will reset to zero.

For date/time I assume you are refering to what is discplayed on the Info Center. Procedures are in the FL manual but it's kind of cryptic. Pretty much like setting a wristwatch.

From memory (not in the coach right now) I think it's something like this:
- Hit home (red button) and then the toggle (T button) until you see Setup.
Press the Enter (E button) and then press T until you see "date/time" listed as one of the selections (I think its the third set of selections).
- Use the up/down arrow buttons to select date/time and press Enter (E button).
- Now hold down the E button for a few seconds until the first highlighted date/time field (AM/PM?) starts flashing.
- Press up/down arrows to change values.
- Press E quickly to change fields.
- When you cycle through all the fields once it will be done and go back to normal display.
- If you need to still update something then press E for 5 seconds again.

vicsryd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 11:26 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

New process to reset the trip odometers (3) in the '07's with the new Freightliner instrument cluster.

Yes, you use the joystick to the left of the pilot's seat. First you must click down until the appropriate trip odometer is highlighted, then (as Alan, I cannot remember which way) push the joystick either left or right. One way will step you thru the different options on that level, and the other will allow you to reset it.

For example, step down to TRIP, and if you push the joystick one way (l or r) the options will be time, mileage, miles, etc. The opposite side will get you into a reset mode.

All this is in the Freightliner manual under the instrument cluster section.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pusherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 02:43 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Send a message via Yahoo to vicsryd
That's what I get for deliberately avoiding looking at new rigs. Totally unaware of the change.

Can't wait to see what the '08 Journey is like.

vicsryd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 03:05 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

Freightliner did an excellent job in addressing customer complaints for the new instrument panel. I won't say it's perfect, but it's a huge improvement over the prior models.

For example, my understanding is that the prior models had a mpg computer which could not be reset. The new one can be reset at all levels, except overall mileage.

The current generation has 3 Trip mileage computers, all of which can calculate mileage, time, mpg, and fuel used (and is resettable).

I use the 3 as follows:

TRIP: I use this for my total trip, roundtrip. Just got back from Florida in April, and I could calculate total miles, fuel used, time elapsed, and mpg.

TODAY: I use this for the tank miles, mpg, etc. after a fill up.

LEG: I use this for leg calculations for the day's driving.

I find this very user friendly, althoug I might have renamed the interfaces.

All in all, a great improvement over the prior generation.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 06-03-2007, 10:36 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

Guess I need to look closer at an '07. I just can't picture this at all, and I looked at several before I bought the '06. The joystick description is totally unfamiliar

Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350
SCVJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 09:17 PM   #10
Winnebago Watcher

On our '07 Tour, the Trip Today and Leg odometers reset themselves to "0" when ever the engine is shut off. I can manually reset them at any time. I have had the unit replaced but I still have the same problem. Shouldn't the Trip and Leg only be reset by the joy stick? Also the date resets to default when ever the coach engine is turned off. Any Ideas?

Stu & Shirley Moss
2007 Winnebago Tour 40TD, 400HP
05 Honda Pilot Toad
stu&shirley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 07:13 AM   #11
Winnebago Master

Stu, yours is definitely not working correctly. Odometers should only be reset via the reset process using the joystick. Your date/time should stay current as long as you keep the engine battery switched on. WHen I do shut off the engine battery via the switch in the back, the date does reset. I believe everything else stays current.

Call 1-800-FTL-HELP to discuss this issue with them, and open a record on the problem. It should stay open until it is fixed by a dealer.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]