Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-23-2020, 04:22 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Journey Slideout Adjustment

2007 Journey 39K I'm needing to adjust my drivers side slide linkage. The top and front side teflon pads and shims are coming out of place when slide is extended. I have been able to get the shims and pads back in place but need to adjust the slide linkage to prevent it from happening again all suggestions are welcome thanks.
Chmielowiec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 07:34 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Upon closer inspection it looks like i need to replace the bottom Teflon wear pads. Has anyone out there ever replaced the bottom Teflon pads looking for suggestions thanks.
Chmielowiec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 12:47 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Had one pad replaced at HWH factory in Moscow, IA, at the same time the front glides were replace. The pad looked like it had cracked.
Old 09-24-2020, 03:14 AM   #4

HWH "StoreMore" Flat Floor Repair

You might have more going on than just the replacing those Teflon pads.

The root cause may be some Teflon "Triangle Wedges" you don't see.

This video will really give you some ideas on how your HWH "StoreMore" Flat Floor operates. It shows a 2005 Adventure (Gas RV), but it looks like the same type of floor I have in my 2004 Itasca Horizon 40AD DP.

It's also a repair not for the inexperienced, but if you have the right tools and can follow the tips in the video, and use common sense... I suppose the better than average home mechanic can tackle this repair.

Video:

I did not catch all the specialty parts in this video, but here's a few you should know about:

* HWH Slideout Flat Floor Plastic Triangle Slide Kit #RAP91028

* HWH Slideout Flat Floor Adjustment Bolt Part# RAP91609 (Left & Right Hand Threads)

Note: Each Ram has a Teflon Triangle in the front and in the back. And according to the Video author the rear Teflon Triangles don't wear much. That said, you might be able to get away with just replacing the front Teflon Triangles; and the trick is to properly support the slideout box; and then use a wedge to split the triangle shroud-covers.

My 2004 Horizon flat floor also has a "glide shoe," but mine is not as visible as on this 2004 Adventurer. ...But I'm guessing the principles of the flat floor operation is the same.

What look different to me are how the Adventurer Hydraulic Cylinders are mounted and how to adjust the Ram travel (full extension and full retraction). Or maybe the adjustment is the same, but in my Horizon I can't find the access hole to get to the adjustment bolt. So I am definitely looking for someone who can perform this adjustment; and may replace my front Teflon Triangles too.

Please let us know where you get your StoreMore Flat Floor repaired. Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	StoreMore Floor - Teflon Triangle (Cracked).jpg
Views:	84
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	175119   Click image for larger version

Name:	StoreMore Floor - Teflon Triangle.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	175120  

Name:	StoreMore Floor - Teflon Triangle & Wedge.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	129.8 KB
ID:	175121   Click image for larger version

Name:	Carpet Glide Shoe Under StoreMore Floor.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	157.7 KB
ID:	175127  

imnprsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 03:19 AM   #5

If anyone has a good referral to someone who can install these Teflon Triangles (Kit) then maybe you can also post a HWH mechanic referral on this thread:

Where Can I Get My Large Slideout Adjusted? (2004 Itasca-Horizon, HWH Flat Floor)

https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...ad-358726.html

Stuart's Service in Elkhart, IN is where you can buy parts, but they don't do major service on HWH.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Stewart Service (HWH Parts).jpg
Views:	80
Size:	129.1 KB
ID:	175124   Click image for larger version

Name:	Slide Roller Under Kitchen.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	238.0 KB
ID:	175126  

Old 09-24-2020, 04:17 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Just to elaborate on my above posting: Our RV has the StoreMore flat floor. At the HWH factory, Moscow, IA, in 2017, the triangular front glides were replaced on each driver side slide ram using a pair of triangular glides for each of the two rams, one for each side of the ram. The rear triangular glides were not replaced because the slide was moving fine in and out but on visual inspection the triangular glides were cracked. That slide had been in and out multiple hundreds of times, so the repair was done partially for proactive reasons. On the ram closest to the front of the RV the rectangular teflon plate which the bottom of the ram slides on was also replaced because the original one looked cracked. The repair order shows P18230 as the glides for the left ram, and P18229 for the right ram. The bearing plate was P35010 along with pin bearings, P1756, which I believe hold the plate in place. There was a 4 hour labor charge. These parts may be specific to our 2005 Adventurer 33V so I'm just giving this as and FYI.
Old 10-01-2020, 04:12 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chmielowiec View Post
2007 Journey 39K I'm needing to adjust my drivers side slide linkage. The top and front side teflon pads and shims are coming out of place when slide is extended. I have been able to get the shims and pads back in place but need to adjust the slide linkage to prevent it from happening again all suggestions are welcome thanks.
By chance is this what you are looking for: TITLE
Old 10-02-2020, 12:46 AM   #8

I forgot to give credit to a fellow RVer named Kevin who created the video on how to replace those Teflon slide triangles and glide pads; and all I did is use a photo capture software program (called Gadwin-Free) to capture the photos I posted above.

So many thanks go out to Kevin and his efforts to help the rest us know how to fix your HWH StoreMore Flat Floor... so when you take it in for service you know what is involved.

My floor just needs some adjusting, and you can be sure I will make this a priority since I don't want end up with bent metal like in the video above.

Note: My Itasca Horizon has a FL chassis and all my slide rams are hidden by in my basement area. However, Kevin tells me that most of my StoreMore adjustments are made with the slideout in the fully extended position.... and then you bring the room in 1" so the weight of the slide is not resting on that horizonal bar. And that I can do! Also, my DP flat floor adjustment is on the Driver's side, but in this video you will see that Kevin is working on the passenger side. ...But it does not matter. The principles are the same.

So if your paint strips are not matching up like mine, which are 1/8" low, then Kevin says you just need to adjust the height of the side by raising the two rams... but tightening the adjustment bolts.

...And the other reason I know my floor needs adjustment is because the kitchen corner floor is too high when the floor is fully extended.

Kevin also told me that when I adjust the height, then that may also relieve side wall pressures I am also concerned about. So I'm going to give it a go!

Tags
journey, slide, slideout