Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-24-2008, 01:23 PM   #1
Winnebago Master

We continue to do interior upgrades. We just replaced the sofa bed with that ugly venetian green fabric with a Lazy-Boy reclining loveseat. That triggered removal and re-covering of the window valences (we both hated the fabric and those dust-catching swags). DW found some suede-looking microfiber fabric at Wally World. We are pleased with the results.

Next we want to either replace the carpet with better carpet or (my preference) Pergo laminate flooring. That will be a winter project.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 01:23 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

We continue to do interior upgrades. We just replaced the sofa bed with that ugly venetian green fabric with a Lazy-Boy reclining loveseat. That triggered removal and re-covering of the window valences (we both hated the fabric and those dust-catching swags). DW found some suede-looking microfiber fabric at Wally World. We are pleased with the results.

Next we want to either replace the carpet with better carpet or (my preference) Pergo laminate flooring. That will be a winter project.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Old 08-24-2008, 01:26 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

WOW!!
tomsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 01:49 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

I like the way the window treatments came out!

I also plan to replace the front cabin carpet in our Vectra. Not sure what the interior designers were thinking when they carpeted the trafficway. Our dealer (who's on the dealer advisory board) said they carpeted the areas in front of the slides to cut down on floor damage from the slide.

FMCA; WIT; FCOA; Good Sam; Passport
porscheracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 03:06 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by porscheracer:
I like the way the window treatments came out!

I also plan to replace the front cabin carpet in our Vectra. Not sure what the interior designers were thinking when they carpeted the trafficway. Our dealer (who's on the dealer advisory board) said they carpeted the areas in front of the slides to cut down on floor damage from the slide. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I got that impression. My hesitation in replacing the carpet with Pergo is that big slide moving over it. I've thought about using pieces of carpet under the slide runners but not sure that would work. We'll probably just go with some higher quality carpet.
Old 08-24-2008, 04:01 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Great job. We have been thinking of pulling out the powered sofa and replacing it with a pullout. Did you have to take the original sofa out in pieces? Looks like it to me. A PITA but doable. Did your coach have the table, instead of the dinette, as original?

Thanks, Mike
lthrnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 05:45 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lthrnk:
Great job. We have been thinking of pulling out the powered sofa and replacing it with a pullout. Did you have to take the original sofa out in pieces? Looks like it to me. A PITA but doable. Did your coach have the table, instead of the dinette, as original?

Thanks, Mike </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mike, the sofa does come out in pieces. It is fairly easy to disassemble...the back, seat, arms and ottoman come out separately. Took about 30" to remove. My rig came with the table with computer desk in the corner.
Old 08-24-2008, 06:38 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

I saw a couple of gray plastic sliders, about 4 feet long and 8 or so inches wide that went under the slide in MH. Don't know which brand. They came out and stored flat. Maybe you could get a piece of those chair gliders and cut a few pieces to fit under the slide as it's coming in.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 06:54 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

^^
That could work, if there was a way to secure them during operation and make sure they were clean. From what was explained to me - the problem is the slide dragging sand and debris across the floor and scratching it, which doesn't happen with a carpeted area.

FMCA; WIT; FCOA; Good Sam; Passport
porscheracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 08:20 PM   #10
Winnie-Wise

Great job I like the look of the valences. Gives the whole setup a warm glow. Kudos.

When you say Wally World you do mean walmart, right?
Fakrwee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 12:23 AM   #11
Winnebago Owner

Nice job. I really like the valances. I hate the "swag" look in our valances also. Been wondering where you were. Now I know. You've been busy!
journey15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 03:27 AM   #12
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fakrwee:
Great job I like the look of the valences. Gives the whole setup a warm glow. Kudos.

When you say Wally World you do mean walmart, right? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, Walmart. All the Walmarts in our area are closing their fabric/sewing departments. DW got this material for $5.99 yd at Walmart...she had just seen it at another 'fabric' store for $11.99.
Old 08-25-2008, 03:31 AM   #13
Winnebago Master

Great looking mod. That new couch looks very comfortable. Did you have much of a problem getting it through the door, or does the back come off? Really like the window treatment.
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 03:56 AM   #14
Winnebago Master

Very, very nice Gary! When we were at Bradd and Hall last summer getting new pilot/co-pilot chairs I was drooling over their huge selection of couches, chairs, etc.

My brother-in-law has a really nice sleeper sofa on his '07 Dutch Star with an air mattress. I slept on it one night while we were on a hunting trip and found it to be very comfortable.

I like your simple valances - the Winnie interior designers must have created ours on a Monday after a weekend of partying

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 05:41 AM   #15
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by John_Canfield:
Very, very nice Gary! When we were at Bradd and Hall last summer getting new pilot/co-pilot chairs I was drooling over their huge selection of couches, chairs, etc.

My brother-in-law has a really nice sleeper sofa on his '07 Dutch Star with an air mattress. I slept on it one night while we were on a hunting trip and found it to be very comfortable.

I like your simple valances - the Winnie interior designers must have created ours on a Monday after a weekend of partying </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

John, we always thought the designers had just recently visited either their grandmothers house or a bordello just before making those valences . However, many of the coach brands I've seen are 'over decorated' for our tastes.

We also want to replace the captain's chairs. I am surprised you have already replaced the OEM's in your Horizon...would think they were nicer than what is in the Journey.

We really like the Flexsteel but they are pricey. Did you have to order your's in advance of going to Brad and Hall or did they have something in stock that you liked?
Old 08-25-2008, 05:44 AM   #16
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Homer:
Great looking mod. That new couch looks very comfortable. Did you have much of a problem getting it through the door, or does the back come off? Really like the window treatment. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Homer, all Lazy-Boy (and Berkline) reclining seating have easily removeable backs. The seat portion fit easily thru the entry door then the backs were installed. Took the delivery guys about 5 minutes.

It is also a 'wall-a-way' design so the entire seat moves forward on a track when you recline. You only need about 3" clearance at the back to recline fully.