Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-02-2008, 11:22 AM   #21
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FrankO:
smlranger,
I looked at the physical dimensions of your LCD and it looks to be the same size as mine. If the wood facia fits the width of your TV the rest is simple. I had to make to short cuts in the metal surround at the very front of the support. It did not weaken the support at all. This allows you to mount the TV behind the facia and looks like it was designed for the TV. Take a look at my pics. The job took a couple of hours and is rock solid. If you want to mount the TV outside the facia then ignore this reply.
Frank O. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I really do want to mount it inside the facia. However, on mine the width of the metal box is 24 1/2" which will not accomodate the TV and the front edges of the metal come right up to the wood facia. I may do some cutting if it just involves some trimming.

I will know more when I really start taking some measurements.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 11:26 AM   #22
Winnebago Owner

The metal box (on mine) is not solid so all I had to do was make 2 1" cuts on each side. This eliminated the restriction of the width due to the metal box. As I mentioned above, this cut did not weaken the support of the metal box. I wish I had taken pics before I did the cut so you could see what I mean.
Here is a rudimentary diagram of the right side of the metal frame. the red line is the cut line.
Side View
Frank O.
Old 06-02-2008, 01:36 PM   #23
Winnie-Wise

I made the installation per the diagram here. Works great and no need for a bunch of wire and A/B switches all over the place.

My Aspect 29H did nopt come with a video switch box so I bought one and set it up. Hads to redo Winnebagos messed up wireing anyway.

One more thing. Not all TV pick up the anolog or digital signal the same. Our Jenson up front a DTV picks up a signal better than the El Cheapo ProView in the rear. And that thing list for $500.0.
2010 Ford Flex
rvten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 03:29 AM   #24
Winnebago Master

FRANKO: Thanks for the pictorial of your TV installation. Great job, and for a novice I think I could follow your tutorial. I do have one question, what did you use to fasten the metal box channel to the TV?
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 04:59 AM   #25
Winnebago Owner

Homer:
I simply cut a piece of 5/8" stock plywood to the maximum size that would fit within the metal framework. I attached 4 angle brackets on the back -- sides of the plywood and drilled holes in the MH TV metal frame box to hold the brackets. I wrapped the plywood with black felt to deaden the sound and eliminate any plywood color that potentially could be seen behind the TV. I attached the LCD mounting hardware to the plywood as low as I could so the bottom of the TV did not rest on the bottom of the shelf (&lt;1/2" space between bottom of TV and shelf). I then plugged in all the adapters and mounted the TV. As a final support, I placed strips of sticky backed Velcro on the top (3-2"strips), sides(2-2" strips). Then I took a long piece of double sided velcro and wrapped it under the TV shelf, up along the sides of the TV and finishing by overlapping on the top of the TV. This holds the TV in place. The Velcro is the 1" wide type in black. Mounted the wood facia and wala looks like it came from the factory with the LCD TV. Even the DW liked it and she hates TVs.
Hope this helps -- Frank O.
Old 06-03-2008, 06:34 AM   #26
Winnebago Master

FRANK O: Thanks for the comeback. Yes it answers what I wanted to know. Printed and in my file for future mods. Thanks again.
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 03:34 AM   #27
Winnebago Owner

We did our upgrade to a 32" Samsung LCD in our 2006 Journey last year.

Here is a link to my post with pictures.
flashajt is offline   Reply With Quote