Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-13-2006, 10:50 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Hello, Recently my electric door lock has stopped working. The lights flash to tell me the door is locked but the lock mechanism does not engage. Since the cargo locks are fine, I suspect it may be the actuator? Anyone ever tear into this type of problem? I am looking for any advice I can get before I attempt to dismantle the door to test or replace the actuator.

Thanks,

BugSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 10:50 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Hello, Recently my electric door lock has stopped working. The lights flash to tell me the door is locked but the lock mechanism does not engage. Since the cargo locks are fine, I suspect it may be the actuator? Anyone ever tear into this type of problem? I am looking for any advice I can get before I attempt to dismantle the door to test or replace the actuator.

Thanks,

Old 08-13-2006, 10:57 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Does your chassis battery have a good charge? That's usually what's wrong with mine.

'05 Meridian 36G
CHIPPYSGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 10:58 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Forgot. My cargo will work, and the door will not and it's the battery (chassis)charge.

'05 Meridian 36G
CHIPPYSGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 12:07 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

BugSlayer
Look at where the door is attached to the body,there are two brass contact points on the door and door jam,clean them both and make sure the rubber gasket is not covering them.This has always been an issue with mine.
Ed Gardiser
Escondido,Ca.
04 Vectra
87 Nissan PickUp
FMCA
Ed Gardiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 12:15 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

The chassis battery was at 12.1 when I went out today. Although that is a little low, I would not think that would be a problem?

I will check out the contact points. Have never paid any attention to them so it's possible that is the problem? I'll let you know.

Thanks for the help, much appreciated!

Old 08-13-2006, 04:02 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Just following up, I checked the brass buttons and cleaned them with a rag & some lighter fluid. Got a lot of stuff off but to no avail. Still have a situation where I have the lights flashing and giving the appearance that the door is locked but the lock mechanism itself is not activating.

I suspect the next couple of things to try will be to get a multi meter on the buttons to see if there is a current coming through? That should help me to determine which direction to go from there? I suspect that if there is a signal coming to the buttons then I will need to get access to the activator?

Thanks, at least I have one thing out of the way.

Old 08-22-2006, 12:37 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Thought I might give this another try? I had some good advice from those that replied and my battery does have a good charge and now the brass contacts are clean and the gasket is not in the way. I still have everything looking like it is functioning, the lights light when I press the lock function on the keyfob and I can hear a clicking sound in the front of the coach but the lock does not engage? Any advice on how to get to the actuator and how to test it?

Thanks,

Old 08-23-2006, 06:06 AM   #9
Winnie-Wise

Mr. BugSlayer: I had the same problem, use a knife or sandpaper or something to scratch the surface of the door contacts, the lighter fluid may not have freshened the contacts...
Gary CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 10:06 AM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Gary, Will try it, sounds easier than taking stuff apart.

Thanks!