Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-13-2009, 08:05 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Journey Dash Yellowing....Fix?

After 6 winters snowbirding in Florida, our 2002 Journey dash is yellowing in blotches and overall color....We would appreciated any suggested ideas short of covering with a custom dash mat etc....Has anyone "painted" or recovered the dash with a covering material?....thanks RKL2
RKL2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 09:06 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

There is a company that makes custom dash covers that are supposed to be pretty good from what I've read. I've not used them myself, but I've seen folks that have used them post good feedback on this forum. I posted a question about possibly getting something like that for my engine compartment doghouse, but it looks like they don't make anything for that.

Doing a search on this forum for "dash cover" will probably do the trick, but I'm willing to bet someone will come along and post excactly the information you are looking for.
Old 07-13-2009, 09:13 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

While mine is still in fairly good shape, it is showing it's age. I have some carpet that I plan to use to make a dash cover. I have also considered re-covering with new vinyl but not sure how to remove the top dash panel to do that. Perhaps it is fastened from the underside (via the genset opening??)
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 10:24 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Here are a couple of locations that deal in dash covers, #1, #2 and someone on irv2 made his own but have not found his thread as yet.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 06:21 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

There are companies that will spray a coating on your dash and it will look like new. If your dash is like mine, (leather or similar) no problem as they will do that as well. You can find one of these companies by asking around at car dealers as they use them all the time to refinish leather or vinyl seats in cars. We had a Cadillac that someone spilled coffee on the leather seat and they made it look like new. Very inexpensive I thought. The process is like painting. Look into it as it may be the best option. Oh, they can match any color as well. Takes very little time to complete. Just be sure they company you deal with is highly recommended by the car dealer as there are a some of these guys out there that are not very reputable.
fun time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 07:48 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

RKL2,

We also have an o2" Journey. I purchased mine from dash design company. We have had it 4 years now and it still looks good, dash also looks good. We are at GNR now E6 #3. stop by and look if your in the area.
munchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 07:50 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Oops! forgot to include web address. Dash Designs
munchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 07:16 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

My 02 Journey's dash started to yellow and I scrubed it with a scouring powder that had bleach in it. It removed it and then I applied Armor All for protection.

I did this about 2 years ago and it still looks good.

Charlie Tuit
2002 Journey (117,000 miles)
XL-7 toad
charles tuit is offline   Reply With Quote