Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-04-2014, 02:01 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Send a message via AIM to waylntat2
Journey 40 U Mattress Will Not Stay Inflated

I HAVE A JOURNRY40 U2013 THE MATRESS WILL NOT STAY INFLATED A Y INFO? OF ANYBODY HAVING THE SAME ISSUE? WHAT SHOULD ID DO TO LOOK FOR PROB?
Old 10-04-2014, 08:01 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Lift the platform and check that the couplers on the pump are not broken. Seen a few of those.
forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 08:37 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

If your mattress is "Sleep Number" brand ... the top unzips and you can see the guts ...

Some soap bubbles will help you locate leaks.
skigramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 04:31 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

I've had two of the air chambers go bad. One was the connection where the hose air valve connects the sealed in mattress receptor. The other, the chambers interior baffles came loose and created an air leak. I called Sleep #, gave the the model # and them replaced them, but not free. I think the replacement chambers were about $80 ea. including shipping.
Old 10-11-2014, 08:03 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Door guy, what brand is your mattress? Does your bed need to be raised at the head to store slide? All posters have offered good places to check for leaks. If your bed must be raised to store, I can offer one other thing to check. Make sure the air supply hoses are not getting caught between the bed platform and the bed frame. In mine, this was happening and the line was getting pinched and developed leaks. In my case rescue tape affected a good repair for this.
RBK394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 08:07 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Sorry. I meant to address the OP.
RBK394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 08:11 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

I would rip that thing out so fast and replace it with a pocketed micro coil from texas mattress makers so fast your head would spin.

Sorry for your troubles... once one of those beds starts having an issue, it can be tough to get them right again.
RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
2005 Fleetwood Revolution
'12 Chevy 2500HD
'15 Airstream International Signature 27FB
plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 09:04 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

If your air mattress has the same GREY female fittings as ours did, that are used to couple the air compressor to the air hoses, these fittings are very cheap and break. I order 4 replacement fittings from "airbedsunlimited.com" they were $45 a pair. It's very easy to replace these fittings (I replaced all 4 to prevent future issues), and our bed has been perfect since then. The biggest improvement in these new "cam lock fittings" is that they allow the hoses to rotate as the bed is moved in and out.
D Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 10:24 AM   #9
Winnie-Wise

My experience with Sleep Number is if you need parts, to fix some issue, call them and they will get the correct parts to you asap. Sleep Number has been upgrading various parts over time. Upgrading your mattress is easy, parts are available for upgrades, AND they sell these parts at steep discounts to existing customers. Give them a call.
Stevegd007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 06:05 AM   #10
Winnebago Owner

The mattresses at least in our 2012 Journey 40U is not a sleep number bed, it's made by another firm so sleep number parts won't work. That's why I used the site "airbedsunlimited.com" because they carry the same mattress, compressors, controls, etc that Winnebago used in our 40U.
Old 10-13-2014, 06:33 AM   #11
Winnebago Camper

I have a 2011 Winnebago TOUR and have had nothing but problems with my Innomax air bed. The first issue was the factory did not properly secure the pump and it fell off the mount. I had to fix myself with a bungee cord to hold it down. The bed has leaked and would not hold pressure from day one. Today it will not hold pressure on ether side. Bladders and the pump has been replaced once. I called the factory last week and they suggested new connectors. I ordered and just got a whopping $265.00 VISA charge for a $40.00 part. Needless to say, I have a call in to the factory. Will keep you posted. I wish the design engineers had to sleep on a airless bladder while 2000 miles away from home. Maybe then they would do a better job....

INNOMAX WHOLESALE Type Purchases
$265.36

The same part from Air Beds Unlimited

Adaptor Valves for other pumps using 1/2" Hoses: - (2) Two 2-01-ADPT-236 Adaptors $39.90 $39.90
Old 10-13-2014, 06:43 AM   #12

Sorry for the trouble. get rid of it an get a camperpedic mattress
Floor It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 07:49 AM   #13
Winnebago Owner

Ours is the Innomax air mattress and compressor, and "airbedsunlimited.com" has ALL items needed to maintain this system at CHEAP prices. As I'd posted earlier all I needed was to replace the 4 female connectors with the Cam-Lock fitting from airbedsunlimited, total coast around $90, and haven't had an issues since. We go all summer without having to once add more air.
Old 10-17-2014, 11:31 AM   #14
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC Rob View Post
I have a 2011 Winnebago TOUR and have had nothing but problems with my Innomax air bed. The first issue was the factory did not properly secure the pump and it fell off the mount. I had to fix myself with a bungee cord to hold it down. The bed has leaked and would not hold pressure from day one. Today it will not hold pressure on ether side. Bladders and the pump has been replaced once. I called the factory last week and they suggested new connectors. I ordered and just got a whopping $265.00 VISA charge for a $40.00 part. Needless to say, I have a call in to the factory. Will keep you posted. I wish the design engineers had to sleep on a airless bladder while 2000 miles away from home. Maybe then they would do a better job....

INNOMAX WHOLESALE Type Purchases
$265.36

The same part from Air Beds Unlimited

Adaptor Valves for other pumps using 1/2" Hoses: - (2) Two 2-01-ADPT-236 Adaptors $39.90 $39.90
Ticket closed.....factory is providing new bladders at no cost. When I return the old ones they will credit me the full amount......Happy Camper.....

Tags
journey