Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-24-2020, 02:53 PM   #1
2002 Journey WPK36GD

Journey 2002 Entertainment Console Select

My Journey has an entertainment console that allows both TV's to individually monitor OAT TV, Satellite, VCR and "Aux". Both analog TV's have been removed and replaced by 1 smart TV (front) and 1 digital TV ( rear using Roku for Netflix, et. al). Everything works OK but I use HDMI DVR plus OAT Coax. Recently I bought a Pathway X2 + Wally for Dish network ( not installed yet). I would like to use the 1 Wally to feed the hdmi signal to the front TV and or rear TV via the entertainment console select buttons.

Is there a way to convert the hdmi Wally output to a coaxial cable and apply the converted output to the Satellite input of the entertainment console? This way I could apply the coaxial signal to either TV via the existing coaxial input to TV Front and TV rear?
CharlesMoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 09:58 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

There are converters that will send HDMI over coax. They work in pairs, one converts HDMI -> coax at the source, one at the TV converts it back to HDMI. So in theory it would work. Here's one example...

https://www.amazon.com/SDS-Extender-...s%2C187&sr=8-5

Now, will it work with your Wally setup... I don't know. Haven't used them myself, but at least they do exist.
emiddleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 06:43 AM   #3
2002 Journey WPK36GD

Journey 2002 Entertainment Console Select Reply

Thanks I am glad you responded I was afraid I was missing some real easy solution. These items you found are better than the ones I found. Based on price for all we have found it looks like getting another Wally with the wireless dongle would be less expensive. This solution would allow me to remove the Roku and use the dish smart interface via hdmi.

It was an interesting possibility to think about in these Covid-19 days.
CharlesMoore is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
journey