Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-26-2014, 09:03 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Send a message via MSN to Saber77
Jensen AWM968 DVD Player in Vista 30T

Our new 2014 Vista 30T is equipped with the Jensen Radio combo. We tried playing a DVD from it, but the picture on the TV was very blurry and appeared as if it was a 3D movie, but it wasn't of course. The picture on the HDTV is outstanding using the antenna as a source. We've tried adjusting every setting on both the HDTV and the Jensen, but the picture remains very blurry. We did discover that there is NOT a HDMI connection between the Jensen and the HDTV (The Jensen doesn't even have an HDMI output port), but rather just a composite connection -- rather strange for Winnebago to not provide a better DVD player for a HDTV...........Have other owners experienced a similar problem? Thanks.
Saber77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 05:20 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Our 2013 Itasca Sunstar 30T has the same system & it works fine.

We did lose the video when trying to play a DVD for a while but that turned out to be a poorly soldered connection at the radio that came loose when we made a trip over a very bumpy highway in MS. It works fine since reconnected.
Cass Sumrall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 05:32 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Our 2014 Vista 30T has the same player and it works fine. It will not play a blue ray DVD which kind of surprises me. If you have a picture but it is blurred you're probably looking at a loose or maybe a crossed connection. All the connections are easily accessible simply by removing the round cover on the dash. That feature is VERY, VERY nice on the 30T. Gaining access to the back of stuff is a real problem on most coaches.

I've already fixed a loose side camera connection. Hooked up power for the rear hitch brake light and installed two switches for the MCD shades right below the camera monitor.

Tejay
Old 03-27-2014, 07:07 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

The TV is fed picture signals via Red/blue/green cable known as component. It is important that it is plugged into matching colored recepticles. Sounds like one cable is crossed. Start checking the connections with the easiest place, either the TV back or the Jensen back. The Jensen back is easily accessible by removing the arched dash top. Component cables deliver the same quality HD signals as HDMI. It just does not carry the audio signal. The Jensen does not play BlueRay, just DVD and audio CDs. I have found that 5.1 Dolby is only available in the coach if a sound system is fed from the digital optical output on the back of the TV or from a sat box digital output.
ghutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 09:13 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Send a message via MSN to Saber77
My Winnie dealer was able to fix the TV cabling issues -- several bad connections caused the problems -- now everything works fine.
Saber77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 11:43 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Good, Thanks for reporting back.... I was curious.
ghutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 01:13 PM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

One caution on that Jensen. Mine has a little gremlin that likes to turn the outside speakers on, usually at the absolute worse times!
I was watching "The Girl Who Played with Fire" which is extremely heavy in "F Word" content. About the time it rolled the ending credits about 10 pm, my wife stepped outside and said, "Hey, did you know the outside speakers are on ?" Was embarrassed to face my neighbor for several weeks afterward!
Thebaldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 12:48 AM   #8
Winnie-Wise

It really bothers me that the RV industry uses a poorly made product like Jensen. I had a 2007 Itasca Cambria which came with a Jensen DVD player/Audio unit. Within a year, I had to replace the unit. About a year after that, I began having problems with the unit and pulled it out completely. Luckily, it was a stand alone unit that was bolted down to the shelf. IMHO, Jensen is crap.

When I bought my new motorhome (2013 Itasca Sunstar 26HE), I saw the dash radio was a Jensen. I made the dealership pull it out and I had them replace it with a Kenwood.
Rossi6998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 04:35 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Had trouble with our Jensen system playing a DVD as well. Our dealer found a loose connection behind the TV and problem was solved. We have a 2013 Vista 27n.
sask66 is offline   Reply With Quote