Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-06-2015, 07:28 PM   #101
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter27C View Post
Yes, on the drivers side is the mains connection, on the passenger side is a flap that you can push a hose into to top up the tank. I open the compartment that houses the tank so I can see the water level when filling.
Pete
Interesting. Have to look for the flap.

Yes, I too open the compartment with the tank on the passenger side to see the water level.

Thanks.

Bill
Old 05-11-2015, 03:10 PM   #102
Winnebago Watcher

Quick question, and I may be in the wrong area, but here goes. I currently own a 2014 class C on a C4500 chassis and am looking at a new 30T. My question is how much more or less engine/road noise should I expect?
Freelander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 06:36 AM   #103
Winnebago Owner

Seeing how no one has replied to you, I will step in. my thoughts are that noise is a very subjective thing to comment on and I really think driving both vehicles back to back is the only way to go.
Pete
Peter27C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 12:06 PM   #104
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter27C View Post
Yes, on the drivers side is the mains connection, on the passenger side is a flap that you can push a hose into to top up the tank. I open the compartment that houses the tank so I can see the water level when filling.
Pete
Has anyone found this flap on a 2010 WGO Vista? If so, please post a photo of its location. Thanks.
LeeOts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 04:02 PM   #105
Winnebago Watcher

Thank you Peter27C, as you see you're the only one who replied.
To bring you you to date, we had an accepted purchase offer with our trade last week from a local show with it contingent on our test drive. On Mon. we got to drive it (local and freeway speeds). What we were surprised with was the higher shift rpms even when it was not being pushed and it's tracking was not as good (wandered) as the c4500. Noise levels is what I was concerned with and at steady state they were not an issue (there was more noise shifting at higher rpms). Needless to say we cancelled the deal, but we love the floor plan.
Freelander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 05:28 AM   #106
Winnebago Owner

I am sorry it did not work out for you. The 30T is probably the sixth or seventh RV I have owned and the best by far. I found the handling OK as delivered. I know you should not have to spend money on a new RV to make it drive nicely, but a few very simple mods including checking that the tire pressures are right has my 30T very comfortable to drive now. One handed driving while being overtaken by a semi is not a concern.

The Ford F53 chassis is under all new RVs of this size, so one brand should drive the same as another brand. The lack of care in detailing for delivery or should I say the complete absence of detailing for delivery in some cases is appalling, and contributes to the view that some coaches drive fine and others are "undriveable" in some reports.

In my opinion the F53 is significantly better than the workhorse chassis in my last new RV, a 2003 Sunover 27C, even though the workhorse had independent front suspension with airbags in the front springs standard.

Seeing how you like the layout, I would suggest you find another 30T and drive that. Perhaps the next Dealer will have fulfilled his obligation to Winnebago and present the coach to you for a test drive properly prepared. Don't give up on the 30T yet, it is a great driving RV.

Pete
Old 05-22-2015, 08:59 AM   #107
Winnebago Owner

We recently purchased a 2012 30T with 10,000 mi on it. I also noticed the high rpm shift change also but then our 04 Sightseer with workhorse chassis 8.1 Chevy 4 speed did also. I noticed that the dealer had shut the chassis and coach batteries off with the disconnect switch and when reviewing the chassis manual noticed that the Ford 5-speed is an "intelligent" transmission that learns shift patterns, I assume on how you drive. I believe it said that when battery is disconnected it has to relearn and get take a few hundred miles. When we took our breakdown cruise the shifting did seem to get better. Not sure if the 14's have the same tranny though
Old 05-23-2015, 10:27 AM   #108
Winnebago Camper

We bought our 2013 Sunstar about 6 weeks ago and have been living in it full time ever since. The 2 things I'm most impressed with are the electric awning and the porcelain toilet. But I saw a post on the previous page about replacing the plastic toilet in our same model Sunstar. So my question is, did the previous owner replace the plastc toilet with the awesome one we have or was that an option? Just curious?
Starfire5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 10:47 PM   #109
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfire5 View Post
We bought our 2013 Sunstar about 6 weeks ago and have been living in it full time ever since. The 2 things I'm most impressed with are the electric awning and the porcelain toilet. But I saw a post on the previous page about replacing the plastic toilet in our same model Sunstar. So my question is, did the previous owner replace the plastc toilet with the awesome one we have or was that an option? Just curious?
Just this week I asked Winnebago if there was a recommended replacement porcelain toilet; but, they could not come up with one. Can you advise what make/model you have in yours?

Thanks.

Bill
Old 05-24-2015, 03:21 AM   #110
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Bill View Post
Just this week I asked Winnebago if there was a recommended replacement porcelain toilet; but, they could not come up with one. Can you advise what make/model you have in yours?

Thanks.

Bill
Our Vista came with the Aqua Magic® Style II | Products | Thetford
Old 05-24-2015, 08:42 PM   #111
Winnebago Camper

I believe the guy who just posted that link above is correct. I think that's the same one we have, even though I couldn't find any brand name on ours anywhere but it looks just like the picture. I think you'd be very happy with this one - it's awesome!
Old 06-08-2015, 11:48 PM   #112
Winnebago Owner

Many thanks to both of you. Just noticed your replies after being away a few days.

Bill
Old 06-10-2015, 11:35 AM   #113
Winnebago Camper

Sunstar 30T

I have a 2015 Sunstar 30T. My camera has no audio. Is there a problem or do these Sunstar cameras have no audio?
Glenn507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 07:00 AM   #114
Winnebago Camper

We have a 2013 and I was wondering the same thing. Hubby says he can't hear me when I'm trying to help him back up. Anyone?
Old 06-11-2015, 07:45 AM   #115
Winnebago Owner

When you put the shifter in reverse, touch menu, then menu again then use the up/ down arrows to adjust the volume. The speaker works one way only, ie you can hear the person behind the coach but you can not speak to them from the drivers position, well unless you can yell real loud.........

Pete

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
2014 Vista 30T
Old 06-11-2015, 07:49 AM   #116
Winnebago Owner

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1434030431.757495.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	96913

Then menu againClick image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1434030484.616686.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	96914

Then up/down for volumeClick image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1434030542.176301.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	96915

Pete

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
2014 Vista 30T
Old 06-11-2015, 11:26 PM   #117
Winnebago Owner

Didn't know that...Good posts.

Otherwise, I use walkie talkies for two way communications.

Many thanks.

Bill
Old 08-20-2015, 04:33 PM   #118
Winnebago Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to GreatWhite Send a message via Skype™ to GreatWhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by qcable View Post
Hi, I do have some issues with the slide out and leveling systems. We are having a lot of trouble with both. The leveling system will not work properly in the automatic mode. It will work in the manual mode. Dealers ( Camping World) that I have taken it to do not seem to know how to fix the Lippert leveling system installed on a Vista.

Quinton Cable
This is an old(er) post.. but, my experience. I bought a brand new 2016 Vista LX30T. We stayed in the dealer lot (Camping World, Meridian, ID) overnight and found a few issues. One was the leveling. It would not level properly. The front of the RV was down a bit. Told the repair guy. They fixed it and works like a charm. I have other questions I'll address in a different thread.
Old 08-21-2015, 06:50 PM   #119
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Bill View Post
We are at our first rv park with a cable hookup tonight. Connected cable to our 30T; but, it does not show up under the tv input options.

Should have brought the mh manuals; but, nooooo...LOL

Bill
What brand is the TV? On our Vista there are two places on the tv menu (VISIO) that lists the input. One is under the settings toggle and the other is in the upper right corner of the menu but can't recall the name-might be inputs. Also be sure the antenna boost is off.
Old 08-21-2015, 07:05 PM   #120
Winnebago Owner

Sorry about last post-thought I was on the last page and it was a recent post-dumb I know!!

Tags
itasca, winnebago