Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-15-2006, 11:33 AM   #1
Winnie-Wise

Bigtime confused! Looking at a 2001 Itasca Sunflyer 35U...it says Sunflyer on the side. It has a galley to the left as you enter the door, curbside.

Looking at RV Trader On Line and I see Suncruisers being called 35U's...some have the galley where I said, and others have them driver side near the end of the cabin.

I downloaded the ITASCA Spec sheet for the 2001's and shows the Sunflyer 35U with the galley as I described it.

I looked at the pictures cloesly on RV Trader and they in fact, do show the Suncruiser brand.

Is there something I'm missing here? The easy answer is go by the one I can touch but I'm trying to do some cost comparisons and right now think I'm comparing apples and oranges.

Again, thanks in advance for any counsel. Steve
Old 01-15-2006, 11:33 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Bigtime confused! Looking at a 2001 Itasca Sunflyer 35U...it says Sunflyer on the side. It has a galley to the left as you enter the door, curbside.

Looking at RV Trader On Line and I see Suncruisers being called 35U's...some have the galley where I said, and others have them driver side near the end of the cabin.

I downloaded the ITASCA Spec sheet for the 2001's and shows the Sunflyer 35U with the galley as I described it.

I looked at the pictures cloesly on RV Trader and they in fact, do show the Suncruiser brand.

Is there something I'm missing here? The easy answer is go by the one I can touch but I'm trying to do some cost comparisons and right now think I'm comparing apples and oranges.

Again, thanks in advance for any counsel. Steve
Old 01-15-2006, 12:06 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Our 2000 Itacsa Suncruiser is a 35U and the Galley is to the left as you enter. I can email a floor plan for this one if you want it.

2000 Itasca 35U
N8XV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 12:16 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

I have a floorplan for a 35U with the galley left. I guess I'm confused because it appers that they use the designation 35U in diff models and now I have to decipher all this for Suncrusier vs Sunflyer. I would think that the galley would be in only one place on a 35U but it appers to float jusding by the pix

I may take you up on this later if it turns out I have something different. MANY thanks for the reply!
Old 01-15-2006, 12:19 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Send a message via ICQ to Fred and Bonnie
Steve, don't rely on the pic's posted on RV Trader, they are submitted by the dealer. I have seen gas units are listed a diesel and visa versa. The 35U floor plan hasn't changed significantly for at least 5 years.

Fred
Fred and Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 12:29 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Thanks! I'm at page 20 of 75+ of a search on 35U and getting more confused.

From what you gents say, I gather that the galley on all 35U's is left of the door. Then am I to understand that there is a 35U (same floorplan?) in both the Sunflyer and Suncruser brands? What's the diff in these brands?

I see a lot of discussion re the Itasco vs Winnie 35U but zero (back to year 2002) on within the Itasco line itself.

Thanks! Steve
Old 01-15-2006, 12:48 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

You can bring up the last 5 or 6 years of floorplans on Winnebago's website
Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 01:01 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Belgique:
Thanks! I'm at page 20 of 75+ of a search on 35U and getting more confused.

From what you gents say, I gather that the galley on all 35U's is left of the door. Then am I to understand that there is a 35U (same floorplan?) in both the Sunflyer and Suncruser brands? What's the diff in these brands?

I see a lot of discussion re the Itasco vs Winnie 35U but zero (back to year 2002) on within the Itasco line itself.

Thanks! Steve </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Sunflyer is a class C mini motorhome, while the Sun Cruiser is a class A motorhome. The 35U is only made in a class A Sun Cruiser or Winniebago Advanterure. The Itasca line has more bells and whisles, a different color inteor than the Winnie.
Old 01-15-2006, 01:10 PM   #9
Winnie-Wise

The Sunflyer is not a class C. It is the upscale version of the Suncruiser and is definitely a class A. The 35U floor plans are identical but the trim level and a few bells and whistles were included in the Sunflyer over the Suncruiser.

Because the Suncruiser was a very popular motorhome and quite nicely appointed in it's own right, the Sunflyer with it's upscale price tag wasn't a very popular seller. It was just a bit tough to justify paying so much more for not that much gain. 2004 was the last model year for the Sunflyer and as of 2005 the Suncruiser became the top of the line gas motorhome for Itasca. I believe the Winnebago version of the Sunflyer was the Chieftain.
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 01:19 PM   #10
Winnie-Wise

Tom, thanks for the info in the Winnie home page...I had been there a lot and never found the floorplans before...I was looking in the support/info section. Thanks to your hint, I broke the code: the galley is curbside in the 35U; it is roadside in the Sunflyer 34Y and the Suncruiser 35B.

Cruzer: you broke the code on the other mystery re cruiser vs flyer. Thanks so much for the explanation! This thread might be valuable for someone in the future.

And thanks to all of the others who helped...great info. Now, if we buiy one of these, we'll be a regular here! Steve
Old 01-15-2006, 04:52 PM   #11
Winnebago Watcher

We have a 05 37B Suncruiser on the W-24 Chassis. Love the floor plan and everything else about the rig. Previously we had a 35U Chieftain, 1999, on the Ford Chassis with the V-10. Although we liked the 35U floorplan, we like the 37B floorplan better and, when it comes to performance and comfort, the Workhorse with the Allison transmission is superior in every way. We've been full timing in this one since May and save for a couple of minor problems, it's been great.

05 Suncruiser
Nostromo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 05:22 PM   #12
Winnebago Owner

Cruzer's right, same brand just different levels of bells and whistles. The Sun Flyer is no more and the lines are now getting blurred between the Suncruiser and Sunrise. One of the biggest differences used to be the basement air not being available on the Sunrise but now starting with the 2006's it is! Haven't studied them enough to know if anything else has become available on both yet or not. Last year when we got our Sunrise the sales rep told us he thought the Suncruiser may not be made much longer either because of the upgrades to the Sunrise and the pricing of the Suncruiser but we still see a lot of Suncruisers getting sold.
Easyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 03:18 AM   #13
Winnebago Master

Sorry, I should have given you the link to the 2000-2005 product information.

http://www.winnebagoind.com/html/products/recVehicles/p.../previousModels.html
Old 01-16-2006, 04:52 AM   #14
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Last year when we got our Sunrise the sales rep told us he thought the Suncruiser may not be made much longer either because of the upgrades to the Sunrise and the pricing of the Suncruiser but we still see a lot of Suncruisers getting sold. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Typical salesman patronization.
Old 01-16-2006, 05:13 AM   #15
Administrator Emeritus

Hard to say what Winnebago Industries will do,they now have ten models with the introduction of the Tour/Ellipse line...
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 05:15 AM   #16
Winnebago Master

I'll comment on the 35U floorplan.

It is probably the most popular floorplan Winnebago has sold. The sliding door closet along with the queen bed going out with the large bedroom slide give you much floor space in a 35' coach 2-slide coach. The 35U sells well both new and used.

My bias may show in the next statement. I look at the 38R as a stretched 35U.

Tom