Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-12-2006, 11:54 AM   #21
Winnebago Owner

Catpowered,

We DO have the washer/dryer...one of the wife's gotta-haves...we'll see about space shortly.

We finally get to pick it up next week! We'll spend a week or two "moving in" then do a couple short local trips to see if we got our stuff together. Was thinking about going to Lazy Days in Seffner, FL for one of their "Member Appreciation" and taking some of the classes offered. Anybody done this? I think it's $109 for 4 days, full hookups, drivers course, other seminars, breakfasts and lunches...

Then we figure we'll go up to Montana before it get's too cold. New grand daughter is about to start walking.

Glad to hear from someone spending time in theirs.
THutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 03:34 PM   #22
Winnebago Owner

UPDATE! We picked it up TODAY! Boy, what a rush!

Over the weekend, I had a tall pine taken out and installed my 50/30/20 amp service box. I ordered the one from go-usg.com and was impressed. 50/30/20 Box The outlets and circuit breakers were pre-wired and it was a snap to install.

Boy, is this thing BIG! Backing it into the driveway, and then onto the pad beside the garage was a feat. Wife was a lot of help on the GMRS radio. Once I got it backed onto the sidedrive, it hangs out from between mine and my neighbors garage by 10 feet. Felt kind of conspicuous, so I drove around the neighborhood and took pictures of any other RV, big boats, work trailers, etc (just in case I get a complaint). We don't have an active HOA, but you never know who's going to stir it up!

We got it onto the jacks and shore power hooked up and we have started packing. All with the air running! Norma's got to figure out where to put everything...I'm loading the basement with chairs, Bar-B-Q, etc. I got to get a better dump hose...with this one, I can see the scene from RV happening to me!

I did notice a 110 plug hanging down in the compartment (unplugged) where the power cable is...anybody know what this is?
Old 07-17-2006, 03:40 PM   #23
Winnie-Wise

Congrats THutch. Sounds like a beauty!!!!!!!!!!

Plug could be your engine block heater -

Sewer pump
DonavonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 05:26 PM   #24
Winnie-Wise

Send a message via Yahoo to vicsryd
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I did notice a 110 plug hanging down in the compartment (unplugged) where the power cable is...anybody know what this is? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Defintely your engine block heater. The switched outlet it plugs into is to the right and "around the corner" of the cable TV/phone jacks. The outlet is hard to see as it's black-on-black and edge on sideways to you looking into the bay. Also, don't get frustrated as there's only one recepticle open; the other is blocked.

The switch for the outlet should be inside the coach at the top of your One Place control center to the righf of the 110V water heater switch. The circuit is only live for gen/shore power as it draws about 10 amps.

I find it good to use any morning where the temperature is below 50-55 degrees. Turn it on about 30 minutes before you'll be ready to fire up and she'll start much easier. Don't forget to turn it off though.

vicsryd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 11:35 AM   #25
Winnebago Owner

FIRST TRIP!!!

Well, we made our first trip. We went to a Georgia State Park about 120 miles from here. It had water and 50 amp service, with a dump station on the way out. Several observations:<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>Countertops must be clear before leaving!
<LI>Test all new appliances before traveling...brand new coffee pot made one pot and died!
<LI>54 gal gray water tank is not enough!
<LI>Going to have to get a "toad" setup.
<LI>I have one jack sticking curbside rear.
<LI>I think this coach needs some handling improvement.[/list]It was fun to drive, but it seems to "wander" easily. Kind of like driving a big marshmallow. I would like some info from others with this model as to True Steer, or the 3-T's System (Anti-rock and handling pkg).

Thanks to all here who have both provided info via responses and other posts. It sure helps to see how others have resolved problems or issues.