Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-09-2013, 10:25 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Itasca Ellipse 42QD Door Manufacturer

I have a 2012 Itasca Ellipse 42QD and trying to find out who the door manufacturer is. I'm having problems with my keyless entry, I was having step problems and then discovered that my contact on my door had 3 of 4 wires off. Can't find any info on how it is wired, appreciate any help. I have contacted Winnebago but haven't got a call back yet. Thanks again.
The Bay I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:40 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Be patient, I'm sure you'll get a reply from Winnebago before long. You might also check in the above "sticky's" to obtain the wiring diagrams for your coach that might help in figuring out the wiring. Since you have a 2012 coach, is it possible that it is still under warranty?
Kazoo Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:11 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

I may be mistaken but I think Winnebago makes their own doors and windows.

I do know they make their own aluminum extrusions.

-Tom
Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:34 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Winnebago did call me back, PTL Engineering makes their door. Called them but they say that Winnebago wires the door so now I have a call in to my dealer in Ohio (I'm in California) to see if they have an Ellipse in stock that they could tell me how the door contact is wired. It is under warranty back I'm in a resort that makes it very hard to get to a dealer without traveling ~75 miles one way. Tri-mark make of the keyless entry sent me a drawing of how the contact in wired in the frame but the wires are different colors on the door (2 blue/2 white) versus 1 yellow/3 whites on the frame.
The Bay I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:09 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Detail AB on page 2 of the Front End Wiring Installation diagram for your coach shows the frame-side wiring for the door. Per the Wiring Identification Guide the four connections (FROM: --> TO are (from top to bottom):
WM / 14 WHT POWER DOOR UNLOCK RELAY (PIN 30) --> POWER DOOR LOCK MOTOR(S) (UNLOCK)

WL / 14 YEL POWER DOOR LOCK RELAY (PIN 30) --> POWER DOOR LOCK MOTOR(S) (LOCK)

KD / 18 WHT ELECTRIC STEP DOOR JAMB SWITCH --> ELECTRIC STEP

MP / 18/16 WHT ELEC STEP DOOR JAMB SWITCH, LP TANK SENDER, ETC --> GROUND
If you are indicating that the wiring inside the door is what came off you should be able to figure out by inspection/testing which wire is which. Unlocking the door should presumably require the ground lead plus power on the top contact. Locking it should presumably require the ground lead plus power on the the 2nd (from the top) contact.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:50 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

John,
John, I felt so bad for you that I went out and took mine apart. The wires from the top down are blue then white, then blue then white. The top two go to the door actuator but if you don't know which one is which, just hook them up Blue-White Blue-White. Then try to lock and unlock the door. If it doesn't work, switch the two blue wires.
Now try to see if the steps will close when you close the door. If it does not close then reverse the two white lines.
Don't be afraid of wiring them wrong as they are all 12 volt and grounds.
Let us know how you make out.
dengraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:52 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

John,
Don't forget to close the door to test everything. My friend could said his door lock would not work but the contacts don't touch each other unless the door is closed.
dengraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:13 PM   #8
Winnie-Wise

One other thought, depending on how long you are staying out west you could plan a stop at a dealer (for warranty repair) on your way back. OR, better yet, take the northern route back and stop at the factory to have that issue adressed.
Kazoo Tom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, itasca