Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-26-2012, 06:37 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Itasca diesel latitude

what was the deal with the Itasca latitude on freightliner chassis?
they started it in 2008 and there are some around with low miles
anybody know anything about these units?? thanks
Old 08-26-2012, 07:39 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron55 View Post
what was the deal with the Itasca latitude on freightliner chassis?
they started it in 2008 and there are some around with low miles
anybody know anything about these units?? thanks
WBGO built the Itasca Lattitude and the mostly-identical Winniebago Destinaion in two floor plans, the 37G & the 39W. Both brands and plans were available on the "new" Workhorse "UFO" rear GAS pusher chassis and on a FCCC diesel pusher chassis. The Diesel was around $10-15,000 more MSRP (I think) than the gasser, and I believe fewer of them were built.

IMO, the "Euro / yacht" interior styling and declining economic conditions at the time, were the primary reasons these coaches didn't "take off" and were eventually dropped from the WBGO line-up. Ed
Old 08-29-2012, 07:06 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

We have the UFO gas pusher and love it. What infor are you looking for

2008 Itasca Latitude 39w UFO 8.1
YngRvrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 06:27 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Just from looking online it looks like the lattitude diesel is a much cheaper version of the journey. wondering if it was winnebago first attempt a entery level DP
Looking for someone who has one to say good or bad things.
I am looking to move to a DP, Tiffin or Winnebago. I am going to the Tiffin factory next wendesday for a look see on my way south, but I suspect as usual I won't get enough of a trade in that I can live with.
I have noticed there are three 2008 lattitude diesels at different camping worlds with low miles and the lattitude seems to have a lower price compared to the journey so there must be a reason for this
Old 08-30-2012, 12:28 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

RON: The 2008 & 2009 Latitude BROCHURES are here: Itasca Motor Homes - Brochure Archive
Ed
Old 09-01-2012, 09:53 AM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

I have a 2009 Itasca Latitude 39N bunkhouse with all options, we love it. We tow either a diesel pickup or Yukon SUV and just got back from a trip out west and avg 9.1mpg towing the Yukon for 2,300 miles.

It sits on the XCS chassis. Nothing major so far with 25k miles, tires (2009 came with 2007 vintage tires...), air dryer (replaced with semi style so easier to source parts), added a steering stabilizer, added a door in the bathroom to access the bunks with the slide closed, fixed the rusty frame above the windshield (common Winnebago issue), installed a Banks IQ system (little bit better efficiency, but WAYYYY better performance) and just replaced all the original batteries before this last trip for piece of mind.

We use it all the time to go see family about 6 hours away as well, best thing we ever got. The interior is very nice, sleeps 10, easy to drive and all the subsystems are easy to use and maintain. I am always getting compliments on it and the guys that maintain it comment a lot about the feature set / value it has in what is essentially a mid-grade offering.
Attached Images

EricInWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:29 PM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

Love the Latitude

just saw your thread and was glad that you are as happy with your Latitude as we are with ours. Love the layout, lots of space and lots of compliments. I saw that you put a Banks IQ system and would like to talk to you about the particulars of the installation. Have talked to the Banks people, but would rather speak to someone who has had one in use.

Thanks

Jeff

phone 419-215-7962
jlatitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:28 PM   #8
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlatitude View Post
just saw your thread and was glad that you are as happy with your Latitude as we are with ours. Love the layout, lots of space and lots of compliments. I saw that you put a Banks IQ system and would like to talk to you about the particulars of the installation. Have talked to the Banks people, but would rather speak to someone who has had one in use.

Thanks

Jeff

phone 419-215-7962

Jeff,
Give Shawn a call at Mayer Repair (262) 497-6932. He is a great guy that has a shop 30 min south of Milwaukee on I94. I use them for all maintenance and repairs etc on the coach and his guys did the install of the Banks system. I don't recall them saying it being very difficult at all except for the EGT probe install. It REALLY makes a difference in drivability, essentially pulling my SUV with it on it drives like driving it empty. It is also really nice to actually see what the motor is going through, monitoring EGTs etc and setting alarms to let you know when it may be working a bit hard in the mountains or having and issue.

Tags
diesel, itasca