Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-04-2020, 08:30 AM   #21
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by al1florida View Post
When the inverter is on:
-- your electric outlets should be working,

-- The Microwave will most likely work.

BTW, starting a new thread would likely give you more replies and info from more people than asking questions in an old thread.
I don’t have a Journey, but on my Adventurer with the same inverter and 4-100 amp hour AGMs, most but not all electric outlets work on inverter.

The microwave start up is is big draw and if I use it for a minute and then stop and then try to add a minute the startup will cause the LVCO to sound and the inverter shut down. So it’s not just a running time issue.

Quote:
BTW, starting a new thread would likely give you more replies and info from more people than asking questions in an old thread.
Yes, I agree. As an Admin here I can move things around and I worked on splitting this one out into a new thread but found things too intertwined to be successful.
Old 12-23-2020, 07:01 PM   #22
Winnebago Camper

Your Mh was not built to run off the inverter.
The inverter in most if not all DP are to be used for a very short time while unplugged, like only a few hours or overnight with almost nothing running except the fridge or a few lights. If your MH is unplugged I’m sure the manual says you should turn off everything, chassis, house, and inverter.
If you have an auto. Generator start in you MH like my new one your can set it to start automatically when your batteries are at 12.2 volts and turn off when your batty are at 13.3 volts.
My old 2007 didn’t have a auto. Gen, so I turned everything off when unplugged.

Best thing for your Mh is to keep I plugged in 24/7 check the distilled water every month and keep them full.
I used the easy fill system you can get at Camping World, workers great makes filing easy.
Especially in the winter, I can fill my batteries in about 3 minutes.
2cyber71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 10:52 PM   #23
Winnebago Watcher

My rule of thumb is, if I’m storing my coach for a week or more, turn off batteries and inverter to avoid any battery drain. I also added a battery disconnect switch to make sure and kill all the power to the coach. I had my batteries for a year now and had no problem.
M.Y.JRNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 08:27 AM   #24
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Y.JRNY View Post
My rule of thumb is, if I’m storing my coach for a week or more, turn off batteries and inverter to avoid any battery drain.
I'd suggest it’s best turning off battery disconnects anytime you are storing your RV. One week is long enough to run down and ruin your expensive house batteries.

Tags
inverter