Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-27-2019, 05:28 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Interior sofa and wondow treatments for 2005 Vectra - where to get them?

My wife and I found a 2005 Vectra 40KD in super shape, with about everything we want, at a very competitive price. It has two issues that don't necessarily bother me, but that bother her greatly. The window surround treatments have been changed to something that the prior owner thought were "unique", but that my wife just can't live with. Also, the rounded front sofa that site on the wall just behind the entry door has been removed and replaced with two Euro style chairs. She wants the original style sofa back. He does not have it any longer. This is a no-go item for her. For some reason she just really likes the shape of THAT style sofa.

So in order to proceed with this coach, I need to know where I can source an original 40KD passenger sofa, if that is even possible, and also either change or source as new some window treatments.

I want to get the coach a thorough pre -purchase inspection but I don't want to do that unless I know that I can solve these issues after a purchase.

Thanks!

Edit - I have attempted to attach to this a photo from the net of the original tyoe sofa that she wants to install. I just need to find one. Color or material isn't that important, as I can either recover that one or have the one that's in there recovered to match the replacement sofa. Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sofa.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	172599  
Doug427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 06:20 AM   #2
Site Team

Try here for the sofa: https://www.recpro.com/rv-furniture/ It probably won't be cheap if you're looking at new, but it may be your only choice. If the chairs are in good order you may be able to sell them for a bit of your $ back.

The valences are an easy DIY. We changed all of ours out with some material from Joann Fabrics that my wife liked. A screwdriver, staple gun and a good pair of scissors is pretty much all you need.
Old 12-27-2019, 06:23 AM   #3
Site Team

Found this one too. https://www.braddandhall.com/product...?idCategory=13
Old 12-27-2019, 07:06 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Don’t know where your located but just saw this one listed on Ocala 4 sale.

https://ocala4sale.com/listings/flex...ather-rv-sofa/

Also saw them on EBay.
Jakm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 09:03 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

I had the P shaped sofa. They are of extremely poor quality, and totally unconfortable.
Took mine out, installed a desk unit with a lift tv the size of the window.
Removed the uncomfortable sleeper sofa behind the driver, and installed 2 home sized recliners.
Extremely comfortable now, and no more sore necks while trying to see the tv.

No longer have either sofa.
Akdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 09:33 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Thanks all. My wife and I just took the coach that needed all this furniture and window treatment modification off the list. It's going to be too costly and too much work to get it to where we'd want it. The owner customized it a lot to his taste, and it's not our taste at all. He lowered the price to a very reasonable amount, but it still didn't make financial sense for us. For what we'd have to invest in it, we would end up right about where the other two we are looking at cost, and they have between 10k and 20k fewer miles. He's a great guy and I wish him the best, but his coach at his price, and my wife and I are just not a match. I guess you take this chance when you customize things far from what most coaches out there look like.

On to the two remaining choices.
Doug427 is offline   Reply With Quote