Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-21-2007, 03:38 AM   #21
Winnebago Master

swyates: I concur with your thoughts on the basement air vs top air. While I love my basement a/c, I don't think I would do it again. It is really difficult to find anyone who will even give you the time of day, when you mention a problem with basement a/c. I have had many dealers tell me they do not have techs that have gone to school on them.
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 03:50 AM   #22
Winnebago Owner

As a family of pack rats, I like the roof air, but we are looking to get a new coach from Winny, and most of the top lines have basement, as well as the top gas models.

1999-2008 traded in Suncruiser 90,000 miles
Jeeperrmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 05:56 AM   #23
Winnie-Wise

Send a message via Yahoo to vicsryd
To answer Galena's original question about "travel bars".

Starting in 2007 for some class A models, including the Tour/Ellipse and Vectra/Horizon, Winnebago added electric slide locks to hold the slides in place in the event of a cross-wind or hyrdaulic failure. The locks are engaged manually and separately.

There have been some issues reported for the lack of an interlock for the slick locks so its possible to engage the lock while the slide is extended and cause problems.

I noticed on the '08 Tours/Vectra's I've looked at there is now a keyed slide engage switch on the dash. The slide extend/retract switches are disabled unless a key is inserted in this swtich and enabled.

vicsryd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 03:41 PM   #24
Winnebago Camper

Rv-boy,
I have roof A/C units on my coach and they also have heatpumps. Very comfortable and really not that noisey.......
Raca-roni is offline   Reply With Quote