Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-08-2018, 04:55 PM   #1
Let's kill some bugs!

Indoor Dog leash loop

Have you ever needed to restrain your dog inside the RV with a leash but had no place convenient or strong enough to do this? Maybe some of you already know this below, but I thought I'd post it for those that don't. Although most of us don't need to restrain our dog, some do for various reasons.

Today while investigating the seat construction (for other reasons) in my Vista 32YE I found a handy loop to attached a dog leash. It's located on the back of the seat, down low, hidden behind the seat skirt. This loop is very strong, even for larger dogs. I wouldn't advise leaving your dog alone in the RV while attached to this loop, but when you're in the RV with the dog it's handy, being located in a good place for a dog bed location, between the driver and passenger seats. The dog will quickly learn they are limited to the floor, in their bed, when attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dog leash loop.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	134.0 KB
ID:	170664  
John Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 04:54 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Good tip, but our boss would not like it if we restrained him. :-)
blueridge-fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 05:15 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueridge-fl View Post
Good tip, but our boss would not like it if we restrained him. :-)
Too true...my little Hunt Terrier would demolish the whole interior and spit out the shackle!! she is a beast!! (I have been known to stretch the truth just a little bit!!) but thanks for the tip...
Reniram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 07:01 PM   #4
Site Team

We use the leash when we travel. Lucy, our Terrier, is nervous when we travel and this helps. Awesome tip! Thank you!
macnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 09:01 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

We have trained to travel in soft carriers (sherpa). Otherwise they will be on my lap... We put them down on the floor behind the seats and when my better half gets up to stretch she lets whoever make noise out use the pad.
Mike Owens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 09:54 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

We've always used a dog seat belt harness or crate when driving. You don't want your pet's collar to strangle it in an accident or emergency stop. The harnesses are made to attach to a seat belt, but you can attach it to any secure fitting via a leash and a carabiner or two. It's best to have the attachment point oriented so the leash and harness will restrain them from flying forward in an accident. Your pet may resist the harness at first but they'll soon figure out that it means a RIDE.

And, holding them on your lap while moving is just asking for trouble, no matter how small your pet.

If they're in a crate, the crate should be secured as well. You don't want it flying around in an accident, injuring your pet or you. Under the dinette table is a relatively secure option.

The same goes for cars.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 09:38 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

I could be wrong but I think what you found was an anchor point for strapping down a child seat. My 27Q has one at the bottom of the aft dinette seat. Seems to me to be a perfect place to clip a dog leash to and they should exist in other types and brands of RVs.

Tags
door