Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-11-2021, 05:10 PM   #21
Winnebago Owner

Click image for larger version

Name:	Inked3-11 Slide 3_LI.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	865.5 KB
ID:	177696First off thank you ALL so much I have read each and every one of the post. I also watched the video all the way through. I was finely able to open my slide and crawl in and take a few pictures. (Under normal conditions) Let me ask this first when the slide is OUT are the rods suppose to be tight? Or should they be loose?

As you can see the rear All-Thread is broken right at where the roll pin is. Who ever had the MH before me welded it and as you can see it did not hold.

I called HWH and they sold me parts (except the all thread) to repair you can see the parts in one of the pictures. It is actually 2 sets of repair parts...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3-11 Slide 1.png
Views:	48
Size:	293.6 KB
ID:	177692   Click image for larger version

Name:	3-11 Slide.png
Views:	41
Size:	403.1 KB
ID:	177694  

Attached Images

Old 03-11-2021, 07:54 PM   #22
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeB View Post
Attachment 177696... (Under normal conditions) Let me ask this first when the slide is OUT are the rods suppose to be tight? Or should they be loose?...
They should be loose. If not you need to back them off a turn or two.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 07:56 PM   #23
Winnebago Master

Just out of curiosity, how much were the repair kits from HWH?

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 10:24 PM   #24
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbeierl View Post
Just out of curiosity, how much were the repair kits from HWH?
Thanks for letting me about the rod being loose. I am pretty sure they were less then $50.... I want to say $30 (guessing)....
They were cheaper then I thought they were going to be...
Thinking I had to replace the larger block I bought a piece of 1/2 all thread it would not thread so threaded it to match the 1/2inch All thread. Apparently HWH makes their own all thread and uses a different thread pitch. The more I looked around I am thinking the larger block is OK... I am going to buy HWH's All thread and put that in there...

When I was talking to Frank at HWH he told me, I am going to have to drill a hole and pull the roll pin that is on the shaft just before the large block in.
Old 03-12-2021, 03:00 PM   #25
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeB View Post
Thinking I had to replace the larger block I bought a piece of 1/2 all thread it would not thread so threaded it to match the 1/2inch All thread. Apparently HWH makes their own all thread and uses a different thread pitch. The more I looked around I am thinking the larger block is OK... I am going to buy HWH's All thread and put that in there...
It might be Acme thread which is common for applications where a screw is used to move something, for instance a bench vise jaw.
Old 03-13-2021, 08:59 AM   #26
Winnebago Owner

if actually size is same then it is the pitch, so if you can discover the pitch you may not have to buy a proprietary screw - OR you might even be able to change to a mo common thread pitch, just change whatever it is that has that pitch OR rethread those parts - if non metal it should be easy if access is not too bad.

companies LOVE to be proprietary as it forces you to come to their pricey location, personally i absolutely HATE that - one reason i have never ever bought Apple anything !!

ps: it would driver me crazy how farmers these days are absolutely tied into the make of their equipment - parts and service - ie John Deer (maybe others) they can not even order parts and service themselves - as bad as it gets - almost - Apple again, same way !!
SmilingSimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 10:24 AM   #27
Winnebago Owner

I had a nice talk with HWH yesterday and went ahead and ordered the Factory rod. ($60) Because during our talk we decided that the block it threads into must be OK and it was only the rod that broke.(Look at the pictures above) I can pull the All-Thread out and it stops. So the inner roll pin and the block must be OK. Even if the block it stripped I will have all the parts to repair it... Hopefully I never have to use it, but with my luck... LoL
LeeB

Tags
slide