Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-06-2006, 06:21 AM   #1
Winnie-Wise

I just read an entry that said "We ordered our Journey on September 13th and just took delivery last Thursday, November 2nd". I ordered my new 2007 Suncruiser on August 25th. We were told it would take 6 to 8 weeks for it to arrive. We are now past 10 weeks and have been told that it will be in town on November 17th which will be 12 weeks exactly. Then the dealer will need a couple of days to clean it up and check it out before we take delivery. Hopefully we will have it by Thanksgiving! The waiting is hard. We are so excited! It sure seems like 12 weeks is a long time to have to wait to get a new rig.
Doug
2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Doug Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 06:21 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

I just read an entry that said "We ordered our Journey on September 13th and just took delivery last Thursday, November 2nd". I ordered my new 2007 Suncruiser on August 25th. We were told it would take 6 to 8 weeks for it to arrive. We are now past 10 weeks and have been told that it will be in town on November 17th which will be 12 weeks exactly. Then the dealer will need a couple of days to clean it up and check it out before we take delivery. Hopefully we will have it by Thanksgiving! The waiting is hard. We are so excited! It sure seems like 12 weeks is a long time to have to wait to get a new rig.
Doug
Old 11-06-2006, 06:48 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Time doesnt go real fast when you are anxious about something, huh!!
Hang in there and let us know how it turns out. What model did you get?
Mike
ISLAPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 06:55 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

We are getting the 38J. We special ordered it because we are going to start full-timing in it next year and wanted the bits and pieces to be exactly what we would need and use. For example, we are planning on getting the MotoSat Internet and TV satellite dish so we don't need the dish that the dealers typically put on them.
Doug
Old 11-06-2006, 07:36 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Doug:

Congrats!! If there has been snow from Forest City to Oregon, ensure the dlr REALLY cleans the undercarriage to remove any road salt. Could cause problems later.

Thudman

Koni FSD's, TracBar rear, SteerSafe, 50A SurgeGuard, Eternabond; 2012 Honda CRV EXL w/Nav & AWD
Thudman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 07:41 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Thudman is right. Our Adventurer made it's way through slush and snow on the way from the Factory to our Dealer. We continue to have mucho corrosion related issues. Had I only known to give it a good rinse underneath, it would have saved us much trouble.
Old 11-06-2006, 08:47 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

my Buddy and I each waited 12 weeks. I thought that was normal.
Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 10:01 AM   #8
Winnie-Wise

Yes, one reason that we ordered our motorhome in August was so that it would be delivered before the winter snows hit. Now, I'm not so sure they will get it here in time. The weather varies day to day.
Doug
Old 11-06-2006, 11:08 AM   #9
Winnie-Wise

Hey Doug, sort of off topic, but we are planning a trip out to your area possibly next year. I was wondering if you have ever made a cross country trip to my neck of the woods, South Jersey, and how long did it take? What time of the year, which Routes did you take? For our information in the planning process. You can "E" mail me the details if you like. [email protected]. Thanks for your help.
2001 32-V Suncruiser,Ford V-10, 310 HP, 4 Koni FSD's, KVH Tracvision,trickle charge, awning travel lock, 1 dinning room slide; no roof leaks, 03malibu toad sometimes, Blackhawk all terrain towbar, Roadmaster brake Pro,1 wife,1 westy, life is good!
bobpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 02:59 PM   #10
Winnie-Wise

Doug:
Is your new rig on a W-24 chassis?

Thudman

Koni FSD's, TracBar rear, SteerSafe, 50A SurgeGuard, Eternabond; 2012 Honda CRV EXL w/Nav & AWD
Thudman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 04:30 PM   #11
Winnebago Owner

just met someone with a 38j if that is the model with the fireplace...he had refrigerator problems... the refro would not stay lit while traveling...also the slide out table that turns out was weak and wobbly...besides that he said he was happy..

good luck with your new purchase!
peter griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 06:07 PM   #12
iRV2 Marketing

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Thudman:
Is your new rig on a W-24 chassis? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I don't want to steal Doug's thunder BUT The 38J is only available on a W24.

Nice machine and congratulations Doug!
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 06:12 PM   #13
Winnebago Master

Ordered ours October 17th, 2003 and planned a nice Christmas trip.

Picked it up December 22nd. Left the dealer at 5:00 P.M. Went home, packed, and left. We were 1200 miles away at Fort Wilderness 24 hours later.

Hang in there.

tderonne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 04:45 AM   #14
Winnie-Wise

Yes, it is on a W24. I am a bit concerned about the CCC and wish Winnebago offered it on the W25.5 for the extra carrying capacity.

I think it is the 38T that has the fireplace.

The main thing that I wanted for fulltiming was the entertainment center down at eye level. There aren't that many rigs which offer that arrangement. One of the other choices that we made was to go with the smaller refrigerator so that we could get the double size pantry. I also agree with the previous poster about the free standing table. The method used to support the drop leaves on the table seem rickety to me. I plan on getting some support hinges like they use on the countertop extentions to strengthen those hinges.
Doug
Old 11-07-2006, 09:28 AM   #15
Winnebago Master

I have a Suncruiser 38R, 38'11" in length. The 38J is 38'10", one inch less. My 38R only has two slides, but my bedroom slide is much larger than the 38J's bedroom slide.

I just had my 38R weighted on a Cat certified scale in NC.

Full gas, water, propane and all our gear needed until April. My wife and I were in the coach when weighted. Weight was 22,720#. Leaving my W24 1280# of CCC. I also tow a Honda but the W24 is rated to tow 6000# and my Honda Civic is under 3000#.

What was the CCC on the closet label of the 38J you drove????

No need to worry about exceeding the 24,000# capacity of the 38J on a W24 chassis.

I'll add you can call Winnebago and find out where your coach is in the build process. I did.

-Tom
currently parked at Myrtle Beach until Nov 29th
Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 05:50 AM   #16
Winnie-Wise

I finally received my Suncruiser! Yea!!

I'm not terribly impressed with the selling dealer but it is the only one within 90 miles of me. It came with a rip in the back of the driver's ultraleather chair - probably caused by someone moving the slide witht he chair too far back. Also, the chair arms on the center of the motorhome side on both front seats appear to be broken. I cannot roll the roller wheel and get them to move up to a position parallel with the floor. They both are pointed down and touching the seat cushion. Are these repairable (by me) or do they need to be replaced?

In spite of the above and a couple other things, we are impressed with the Suncruiser and will be loading it up this weekend and taking it out for the first trip next week.

Doug
Old 11-22-2006, 06:46 AM   #17
Winnebago Owner

as far as corrosion issues I believe it has to do with bago leaving them outside before they add the body...when I was there I even saw the diesel chassis outside with the gas pedal left exposed for weeks...it looked like all thy do is cover the sterring wheel assembly and then store them outside..good luck with your new suncruiser...I am happy with mine..
peter griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 09:22 AM   #18
Winnie-Wise

Congrats Doug!!!
As for the chair arms, my drivers seat was like that when we picked up our coach new. But the wife started moving levers and lifting the arm into all sorts of positions, the next thing I knew, she'd fixed it!! (I think the armrest stows down into a weird position that's hard to get out of).
Old 11-22-2006, 09:32 AM   #19
Winnie-Wise

That may be good news. I was planning to carefully look at the arms and see if there was anything I could do to fix it. You have given me hope that I will find a solution.

Doug
Old 11-22-2006, 11:00 AM   #20
Winnebago Camper

I know the feeling. My wife and I have been searching through motorhomes for the past 3 years. We ordered one about a year ago and the financing fell through due to our house was still on our credit. After moving to California, we have moved a total of 3 times. I am tired of moving furniture so we decided to try the MH approach again. This time I am financed and we ordered back in September. After several dealers told us if we had to order a MH from the factory it would not be ready until next year. Trying to keep our interest rate low, we found a large volume dealer who had one on the assembly line. Now it is on the road to LA. Should be picking it up next weekend Dec 01. We are going full time. I hate Camping World because I always spend too much money. Yea, I am really ready to go camping......
TXDrifter165 is offline   Reply With Quote