Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-27-2018, 10:39 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Hydraulic hose replacement for 2002 Ultimate Advantage

Hi to all. New to the community. I have had this rig for almost 2 years and fulltiming most of that. In the middle of our first summer of 2017, one of the 4 hydraulic hoses for the bedroom slide came off the fitting at the Synchronizing Cylinder. I replaced that hose with no real problems. We recently moved our rig and when I started to extend it out to set up, another fitting came off. With some brass fittings and hose clamps, I was able to get the slide out. I wanted to change the other 3 hoses also because the SQ is sitting in the engine compartment and I believe that the ends are failing due to the heat of the engine.
There are 2 of the hoses that run on the floor in front of the slide which are zip-tied together along with the return line for the fluid. Looks like they all stay right in the corner under the lip of the slide and don't move as the slide comes in. Also looks like I need to bring the slide in an inch or two to be able to get to any other zip-ties that I can't see.
Has anyone tackled this situation before. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks
slyrad50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 01:39 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

There are quite a few threads on this if you search on HWH slide hose replacement and whatever variations you can think of.

You can order exact replacements from HWH based on the code numbers on your hoses. This is preferable to having replacements made since the lengths, diameters, etc. need to be exact in order for things to work properly. I had to have all my hoses for my main living area replaced. So far, my bedroom slide is OK.

I had mine done but others have done it DIY but it can be a messy job.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 04:39 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

HWH had a recall of hydraulic hoses made sometime in the early 2000's---I don't recall the exact dates. There were problems with some of the fittings. You might check with them to see if that applies to your coach.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 04:53 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbeierl View Post
HWH had a recall of hydraulic hoses made sometime in the early 2000's---I don't recall the exact dates. There were problems with some of the fittings. You might check with them to see if that applies to your coach.
I asked about that when I ordered hoses for my 2002 Itasca Suncruiser 35U but no dice. You can ask but I think after 16 years they figure they're off the hook.

Also, if you can get a clear shot, it's best to take a photo of the numbers on your hoses and email them to them. There are a couple of numbers on each hose and only one of them is what they want.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 05:10 AM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks for the replies. I forgot to mention that I have the new hoses and that I have looked at some of the threads for this but did not come across how to get the hoses out from behind the carpet lip on the slide. I cut all of the zip-ties that I could see but there must be more not allowing the hoses to move. If I bring the slide in about 1"-2" looks like it would allow better access to the hoses. Any thoughts on that.
slyrad50 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, hydraulic, replace, replacement