Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-06-2020, 09:44 PM   #21
Winnebago Owner

I topped off the hydraulic tank, took about 2/3rds of a qt. Everything on mine needs to be raised up and tucked in.

Haven't looked at the ps yet except the level, which is full.

I watched that same vid on the tranny. I dumped the fluid and pulled the filters today. It is pretty easy to do. I'll put it back together tomorrow. Let it drip over nite. I am using tes-295 but Mobil Delvac 1. It's supposed to be an approved fluid. From previous records it looks like filters were changed at 35k and 58k and topped off with fluid. I don't think the fluid was ever changed even tho it had a lot of color in it

Here's Allison's list of approved fluids
https://allisontransmission.com/part...highway-fluids
Old 09-07-2020, 10:42 PM   #22
Winnebago Owner

likely all slides in, lifts ups and screw in filler/dip plug to check.

my onan 5500 says to fully screw it in to check oil level, my old onan 5000 said same.

saw a guy made a vid about onan dip stick being wrong, a 4k gen, i looked it up in his gens manual and it says 'screw in fully to check oil level' and he spent most of vid showing how to 'mark' the 'bad' dip stick so it was 'correct'.

maybe reading should be a PRE-requisite for rv owners ?????

CHECK & READ YOUR MANUAL, what else you got to do while tending biz on your white 'THRONE' ???

called quality time - be learned up !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
Good point. Also, check the manual, because some, like my Onan gen set, say to dip it in, but not SCREW it in to check the level, which ironically, would make your reading event more confusing...
SmilingSimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 11:10 PM   #23
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmilingSimon View Post
likely all slides in, lifts ups and screw in filler/dip plug to check.

my onan 5500 says to fully screw it in to check oil level, my old onan 5000 said same.

saw a guy made a vid about onan dip stick being wrong, a 4k gen, i looked it up in his gens manual and it says 'screw in fully to check oil level' and he spent most of vid showing how to 'mark' the 'bad' dip stick so it was 'correct'.

maybe reading should be a PRE-requisite for rv owners ?????

CHECK & READ YOUR MANUAL, what else you got to do while tending biz on your white 'THRONE' ???

called quality time - be learned up !
My guess is, that different models, have varying instructions...

This is for the 4000... It says specifically to NOT screw it in all the way
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	31E71038-0EC0-4916-A466-D112447A2D41.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	244.2 KB
ID:	174914  
Old 09-08-2020, 11:10 AM   #24
Winnebago Owner

Getting back to the hydraulic fluid, I didn't screw in the plug. When I filled the reservoir I had gone a tad over the full line. When using the hydraulics, a little fluid came out the cap. If I would have screwed the cap in when filling, alot of fluid would have weeped out .. The process could very well be rig specific..

Tags
fluid, hydraulic