Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-28-2020, 11:24 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

HWH Leveling system

HI Guys,

I have an 05 Adventurer G33V Workhorse with the original 325 Leveling system for two rooms that also operates the slides.

Does anyone have the current part number for the replacement leveling/slide motor? Mine is dead. I have emailed HWH and also called them - no response to the email and the phone line just rings out. I have an appointment in 2 weeks to get this looked at and was going to order the motor in advance(hopefully). Lead time is likely going to be an issue and I am fully aware of that.

I know they are busy - I know parts are hard to find - just trying to be as proactive as possible in today's covid world. I run a small business and I am dealing with similar supply issues but at least I answer the GD phone!

TIA
Russ
Old 08-28-2020, 02:38 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

I have the following bookmarked as a replacement pump for the HWH system, but I can't personally vouch that this is the correct part for you: YaeTek 100% NEW MOTOR FITS WESTERN W-8053 08053 MONARCH 2590112 M2590112 M2680100 M2680102 10762N

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 03:20 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Appreciate the response cbeierl. I will take a look. Also, to be clear - that is the motor and not the pump. Agree with you - might not be mine. Anyone know if the 05 Vectra and Adventurer used the same motor?
Old 08-28-2020, 04:22 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Yes, pump motor, not pump--sorry!

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 06:22 PM   #5

Can anyone describe how this pump works; what activates it; and how to test/diagnose a bad motor?

I would assume there is also a relay that needs to be checked and/or a reset-fuse located somewhere.

Thank you!
imnprsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 10:08 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

I have an HWH 325 leveling system with 4 jacks, and 2 room slides.

Note that there is a large fuse, 40 amp, very close to the motor. It's normally hidden by wiring and stuff. Then with my 325 system, the system of motor & solenoids required a large bunch of ground lugs attached to the frame. In my case, it was within 2 feet of the hydraulic manifold. The symptom was that the motor wouldn't run occasionally. Especially when it was cold out. Eventually I discovered hitting around that area with a rubber mallet would restore operation.

Once I had found that ground setup and discovered it was corroded what I did was drill new holes for new grounds, burnished and cleaned up the terminals. That solved my issue with the motor not running for that issue. Then a couple years later, the motor wouldn't run again and it turned out to be that fuse. It had corroded so badly that it open circuited. Once I found it, I replaced it with new generic parts from Napa, using their off the rack parts.

Here's the link to my ad free articles about the HWH system: Hydraulic system

I'm surprised your '05 was still using the 325, as they replaced that with something different in '04. I forget the model number.

Almost forgot...contact member AZPete. He works for HWH and is a skilled tech who helps us out here on the forum with HWH issues. His advice is invaluable and free.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 11:40 AM   #7

So I went to the Amazon link "cbeierl" posted above and found these customer comments about this motor:

Simple to install. The pump motor was used on the hydraulic pump for the HWH leveling jacks and room extenders for a class A Winnebago RV.

The existing motor grounding was apparently internal which had proven to be the weak link since the new motor has an external connection.

The actual removal of the existing motor, and installation of the new motor was far easier than it first looks.

All that was required loosening a strap clamp holding the solenoids on the motor, and removing the two through bolts holding the motor on the pump, and than re-tightening the solenoid strap clamp.

The solenoids do not have to be disconnected. The new motor was a perfect fit and is working as good as the original and with the improved grounding will hopefully last longer.

EssyP writes: 5.0 out of 5 stars. Used this as a replacement motor for an HWH pump-motor-tank assembly. My assembly part number was AP2260 and the motor replacement called for RAP90311.

That part costs $300+ through Camping World and other RV supply stores. This motor said the original part number was AP08053.

The bolt spacing was a match and the threads were a match. If this motor dies prematurely, I'll come back and edit this review, but fitup was great and I am back on the road. Slideout works again and jacks work again!

QUESTION: If my motor is still working, what't the best way to add a ground wire everyone says will extend the life of the motor and fix internal grounding problems? Do I simply ground the outside of the motor to the chassis frame?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2 HWH SOLENOIDS & JACK Diagram.jpg
Views:	642
Size:	115.2 KB
ID:	174826  
Old 08-30-2020, 06:19 PM   #8

Reminded about this HWH Pump-Motor ground problem, I decided to remove the top 7mm bolt that holds connects the pump-motor to the HWH block-manifolds and I added a separate ground wire.

I hope this is the way to go about "bolstering" the know bad-internal-ground problem discussed in this thread?

Note: When I removed this 5" bolt it was very dirty. It wasn't wet, but it wasn't clean either. And the 1" threads were grimy too! So maybe this is why the pump-motor loses its grounding capability over time? ...I then used cleaning solvent and I wire brushed the threads and bolt head to ensure the best internal ground possible.

** And just to make sure I did all I could to cure this internal ground issue/concern: I decided to add a supplemental ground wire. (See picture.)

OTHER SUGGESTIONS

* Buy a $19, 12V scavenge pump on Amazon and replace your HWH reservior fluid with Dexron III.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

==> And if your Allison 3000MH tranny has not had a transmission flush you can use the extractor pump to re-fill the tranny with new fluid. (Do a search on how to change your filters. It's easy! ...And a real good idea. I.e., IMO you really should not believe your Allison Transend (TES295 Spec) fluid will last the life of your motor!)

Back to your HWH reservoir tank flush: You can buy the cheap Dexron III, but don't buy the "High Mileage" or other types of Dexron III with that advertises leak fix.

==> My 2004 HWH fluid was changed in 2012 by the previous owner; and I just did it in Aug-2020. And while the color was still looking good, my jacks performed faster after the new fluid change. So that tells me the HWH fluid should be changed every 8 years or so! ...And this suggestion is not based on your fluid braking down, but more so because you will remove dirt and crud with every change.

Note: If you decide to only change 1 gallon (4 qts out of 7 total) of Dexron III, you can do this too, but I would also recommend you get a 10-micron fuel filter so you can filter any old fluid you decide to reuse. However, the cost of Dexron III can be pretty cheap. And if it's TES395 certified that would be even better.

==> When checking the fluid level, you need to put your slidesouts in the right position. This will change from model to model and/or if you 2 slideouts or 3. (See chart for 2004 Itasca Horizon Models as an example below.)

==> Notice where the HWH 40A and 5A fuse is located in the picture. I also removed and cleaned these Fuses, but I did not find any dirt or rust on mine like others have reported. However, the tops of the solenoids were very grimy as if the fluid reservoir cap is "vented." Is it? ...Or maybe the previous owner overfilled it, because there is not much information on how to properly check the fluid level based on your slideout position... for your model of RV. So you need to look into this before your re-fill the tank.

==> I wanted to use a de-greaser to clean the grim off the reservior tank, pan and solenoid tops, but I didn't want to use water for fear it may promote rust. Does anyone know the best way to clean the HWH Leveling System in this area? There are a ton of wires and solenoids and I didn't want to create a future problem by cleaning them the wrong way. So if anyone has a good recommendation on how to clean this area I would appreciate it!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20200830_124609.jpg
Views:	875
Size:	356.1 KB
ID:	174829   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200830_164856.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	315.7 KB
ID:	174830  

Name:	20200723_204751.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	420.4 KB
ID:	174831   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fluid Level.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	174832  

Old 08-31-2020, 01:38 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

All this info is great but does anyone have an answer to my question and the actual reason for starting this thread?

Inconvenient that I need to take you back there - I know!

appreciate the info if anyone has access to it!
Best,
Russ

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58Ford View Post

I have an 05 Adventurer G33V Workhorse with the original 325 Leveling system for two rooms that also operates the slides.

Does anyone have the current part number for the replacement leveling/slide motor?
Old 08-31-2020, 03:48 PM   #10
Winnebago Master

Quote:
All this info is great but does anyone have an answer to my question and the actual reason for starting this thread?

Inconvenient that I need to take you back there - I know!

appreciate the info if anyone has access to it!
Best,
Russ
I like to get down to what the first poster asks! But then I need to ask some questions also....,
Like have you been to the parts catalog and found the confusing info there?
If not, this is where it gets confusing for me but maybe you can get some idea with knowing more about what you have on hand?
This is where I'm digging around and not finding what you need spelled out very plain:
http://www.winnebagoind.com/service/...05/5wfg33v.pdf
I get down to 05 and 33v model on workhorse and find this as the whole unit:
1* 144226-34-000 EA LEVELING SYSTEM - 325 SYSTEM W/2 SLIDEOUTS - W22 WH - G33V, G35U, G38G, G38R

What I see is that you need the info for a -34-000 system but that is only listed under the -32-000 and not under the -32-000 or -37-000?
Why two motors listed under one system and none under the one you have??
Sorry that leaves me guessing the motor might be the same but not really firm info.
AND you may have already been there, so ignore if of no use!!!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	pumpmotor.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	277.4 KB
ID:	174838  
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 04:02 PM   #11
Winnebago Owner

Confusing yes

I certainly agree that it can be. When I truly get stumped, I call or email Winnebago directly to ask what was built in to my coach - give them the VIN and Serial and then ask "which motor do I need" or the like.

Lichtsinn used to be a really big help but they are really far behind in callbacks with questions, etc. They are super helpful...but I've had better luck doing what you did here and ask the group lately.

I tried attaching the 05 Adventurer parts list as well but it is too large. Here is a link to download it:

http://www.winnebagoind.com/service/...05/5wfg33v.pdf

Good Luck!
ziaptrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 04:03 PM   #12
Winnebago Camper

thanks for the response Morich - yep that's exactly where I am at. I have a lead on some info tomorrow. If I do get a good part # I'll throw it up here for the next person.

The pics with the 40A fuse was helpful though!
Thanks ziaptrn - missed your post. I actually hadnt thought to call Winnebago.

Now, I will deviate a little - I did try searching and TBH - google works better than doing it in forum - is that consensus or am I just weak in the search force?

TIA
Russ
Old 08-31-2020, 07:28 PM   #13

58Ford: Sounds to me you are a bit lazy and unappreciative of the effort some of us go to help a fellow RVer out.

If you find the force does not help you with your repair needs, then I suggest you switch to the dark side next time!
Old 08-31-2020, 08:26 PM   #14
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnprsd View Post
58Ford: Sounds to me you are a bit lazy and unappreciative of the effort some of us go to help a fellow RVer out.

If you find the force does not help you with your repair needs, then I suggest you switch to the dark side next time!

If you come here to impress somebody, I'm guessing you just pretty well blew that option.

Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 11:11 PM   #15
2002 Journey WPK36GD

My 2¢ : There is a gentleman in Elkhart Indiana that is a HWH expert. This url will take you to his site and he is friendly, HWH smart and usually goes out of his way to help HWH Replacement Parts - Stuart's Services. Once he told me to not bother coming over since it was a non-repeatable event ( I live an hour away ) and he then gave me more information than I thought was possible so I could fix it myself. I hope this helps someone and he may have the parts you need.
CharlesMoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 06:11 PM   #16
Winnebago Camper

As promised, this is the info I received today. This is specific to my rig (fingers crossed) - your rig may vary.

The blue highlighted RAP91244 is what I am looking for. I actually found another reference to that part number in a post by AZPETE.

I purchased a new motor and pump kit (comes with a ground cable also) for $270 today. Supposedly ships directly from HWH. I am LOLing at that - wont hold my breath.

Interesting discussion with an RV parts guy today. He stated that as these parts get harder and harder to source (for us running older rigs) they are actually sourcing other motors and modifying the entire leveling system housing (extending) if the motors are too long in order to make them fit.

Anyhoo - back to the grindstone....
Russ
Old 09-02-2020, 10:46 AM   #17
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morich View Post

If you come here to impress somebody, I'm guessing you just pretty well blew that option.

All good here brother rabbit - I got his joke

After all my license plate is TK4TWO1
Old 09-02-2020, 08:45 PM   #18
WinnieAdven38

This Information Might Help

I am hopefully including 4 attachments of relevant HWH / Winnebago service and operation manuals.
I found that parts are readily available for the 325 system used on my 2005 Adventurer, and I have managed to accumulate a lot of different files - mostly from HWH.

Am not sure how many part numbers might be included in all this documentation. I am also not sure why you are having trouble contacting HWH - though I do recall that many of their parts are supplied through various dealers. Try Valve, Solenoid Hydraulic Key Features

There is tons of information out there about HWH leveling and slide room systems - just may take a while to soft through it all. Just Google HWH xxxx and track down what you need.
HappiHenri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 09:49 PM   #19
Winnebago Camper

Stuart's in Elkart were a HWH designated rep and they responded to our telephone inquiries when we got no response from HWH. I highly recommend them. We had a 2004 Brave and they completely went thru our system. The levelers worked perfectly from then till the time we traded it in.
shaneotr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 06:02 PM   #20
Winnebago Master

Quote:
HI Guys,

Does anyone have the current part number for the replacement leveling/slide motor? Mine is dead. I have emailed HWH and also called them - no response to the email and the phone line just rings out. I have an appointment in 2 weeks to get this looked at and was going to order the motor in advance(hopefully). Lead time is likely going to be an issue and I am fully aware of that.

I know they are busy - I know parts are hard to find - just trying to be as proactive as possible in today's covid world. I run a small business and I am dealing with similar supply issues but at least I answer the GD phone!

TIA
Russ
HWH Replacement Parts - Stuart's Services These are the ONLY folks I contact when I have HWH troubles. If they can't help it can't be fixed.

Tags
hwh, leveling