Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-28-2018, 03:47 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

HWH leveling system

2000 Itasca with HWH straight leg jack system. My control panel lights up but jacks don't extend. Power not making it to the solenoids but the red leads into the control box(model AP10086) show power but nothing on either side of the fuses. Is the control box broken, and can it be repaired? Is there any diagnostic I can do? HWH techs will be glad to get with me in a month or so! Help! Please.
Idiotasca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 08:25 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Hi,

Please see the attachment. Tons of hopefully useful info.

Regards,

Rich
Attached Files
File Type: pdf HWH200_service.pdf (768.1 KB, 329 views)
stuberr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 09:18 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thanks

I appreciate the effort, I got the correct service manual emailed to me yesterday and will start troubleshooting today.
Steve
Old 09-29-2018, 01:37 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Jacks still not activing.

HWH 310 manual system, jacks have been working fine since I changed the parking brake from hydraulic to manual in May. Just before the leveling jacks stopped working I serviced the parking brake, cleaned, shoes, and adjusted. Is there a hidden switch Or sensor I might have changed that causing my problem?
Old 10-01-2018, 11:34 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

I know that I consistently forget to set my e-brake and try to drop my jacks and nothing....then hit myself upside the head and go---DUH---set the E-Brake....and all is good in the world agian...
H20SKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 01:22 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Thanks, I'm still waiting to communicate with a tech from HWH.
Old 10-02-2018, 03:01 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

I'd recommend giving Paul Maddox (azpete) a call. He works for HWH, is active on these forums, and seems always happy to help out fellow RVers. His number (as he has posted before) is 602 549 3638 or [email protected] .

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 05:21 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Thanks

I'll give him a call tomorrow. I appreciate the suggestion.
Old 10-08-2018, 08:36 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

I had a similar problem with the HWH 325 manual system. I contacted the company and got the following response.

"I suspect you have a blown fuse in the control box, but if that is blow it probably blew because the solenoid valve for the right front jack is the issue. I have attached to this email which fuse in the control box is probably blown. If I am correct replace the fuse and try to run the front jack again. I suspect the fuse will blow again. If I am right then go to the manifold and unplug the right front solenoid valve and call for the front jacks to extend again. If the fuse holds then the solenoid valve is your issue.

If I am right and the valve is the issue the part you will need is an RAP90729 and it will cost you $191.10 each plus freight and right now I am out of stock on this part and it could be up to ten working days to ship it. The other option is to send it in for repair and the maximum it will cost you for the repair is going to be $133.77 each plus freight and it will take at least ten working days to turn the part around. If you do decide to send it in for repair you will need what we call an RGA# to send it in with, please do not send the part in without that number.

No matter how you do this you can call our parts department at 800-321-3494 between 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM central time and they can order the part you need or issue the RGA# for the repair and return."

Everything went just as predicted. I had to replace the solenoid then sent the old one back for rebuilding. It took weeks but I know I have spare.

Bob T.
04 Adventurer 38G
BobT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 08:50 AM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Hwh

I had a problem on my 2004 Itaska with the system,
I was on vacation in Florida, I removed the control panel and control box and sent it to them, they repaired it and returned it back to me within the week since I was leaving and need it back cost me $350 to HWH to repair the box like new and cost me the same to overnight it to them. Best money spent, screwed around with it for a week, waste of time trying to fix a computer board. I think they just replaced the entire boards.
Good luck!
pobstlmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 03:28 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

HWH leveling system

Thanks for the suggestions
Old 10-08-2018, 03:53 PM   #12
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idiotasca View Post
HWH 310 manual system, jacks have been working fine since I changed the parking brake from hydraulic to manual in May. Just before the leveling jacks stopped working I serviced the parking brake, cleaned, shoes, and adjusted. Is there a hidden switch Or sensor I might have changed that causing my problem?
I think I would be zeroing on your parking brake since you had a known issue there..May be nothing but before spending$$$ check the easy stuff first...
Reniram is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hwh, leveling