Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-18-2007, 06:39 AM   #1
PDB
Winnebago Camper

I have my 2004 Vectra up for sale and I got a phone call from an outfit in Fla. called "SellAmericasRVTrader". They want $700 to market my coach. I've had no luck on Craigslist or other outlets so I wonder if it these folks are worth the money??

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd
PDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 06:39 AM   #2
PDB
Winnebago Camper

I have my 2004 Vectra up for sale and I got a phone call from an outfit in Fla. called "SellAmericasRVTrader". They want $700 to market my coach. I've had no luck on Craigslist or other outlets so I wonder if it these folks are worth the money??

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd
PDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 07:39 AM   #3

I've never heard of them, and I sure wouldn't give them any money. Just my $.02.
FrontRangeRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 09:15 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Those outfits all started calling me when I was selling the Journey. Funniest part about it they all started calling after I had sold it.

I sold our 02 Journey in 2 weeks by placing ads in RVtrader and RVonline. I ended up selling it to an out-of-state buyer, but had a couple other buyers waiting in the wings if something had fallen through.

Biggest issue with selling it, is to price the rig at a price the market is going to be willing pay for it....that's not neccessarily the amount owed on it, nor the "NADA" value. Sometimes it's greater...sometimes less.
Old 12-18-2007, 10:01 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Believe it or not I sold my 'oo Journey thru an ad in our local newspaper. They have a special which runs 6 weeks. Sold it within that period of time.

Good luck!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pusherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 10:56 AM   #6

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PDB:
I have my 2004 Vectra up for sale and I got a phone call from an outfit in Fla. called "SellAmericasRVTrader". They want $700 to market my coach. I've had no luck on Craigslist or other outlets so I wonder if it these folks are worth the money?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd would only advertise locally, or semi-locally, using RVTrader and your newspaper, and I certainly wouldn't spend $700 unless they offer a money-back guarantee if your MH doesn't sell. Also, the farther out of the area the seller calls from, usually gets you nothing but low-ball offers, often times from dealers. They want to negotiate price without even looking your MH over... I hate that. I've had great success selling on eBay; I use FrontPage to produce a nice ad, with multiple oversized photos.

Keep in mind that with the current fuel costs and more conservative lending, it's not an easy time to sell a motorhome.
Richard 34A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 01:34 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Those guys that call after seeing your ad are nothing but scam artists.

Now is not a great time to sell anything RV related, in a couple of months that will all begin changing. Now if you have it priced to move then that's a different story.

Another option is a dealer that will sell it on consignment.
Y-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 03:28 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">outfit in Fla. called "SellAmericasRVTrader". They want $700 to market my coach </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Sounds just like the Florida time share re-sellers. They take your $$$.$$ up front, and their idea of "marketing" is to list your RV on a website with hundreds/thousands of others. Whether or not it ever sells is not their concern whatsoever as they already have been paid.
Old 12-19-2007, 03:11 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Price, price, price.......Sold my '05 journey to a couple from texas. Listed it on RVtrader and RV.net. I started by making it competitive to other '05 journeys listed with similar options ect....then I dropped the price to $5K under the lowest one listed and sold it within 2 weeks of that move.

Haven't heard anything good about the "resellers" , most are just trying to grab your $$$. I have friends who did well when they consigned their coach. Not many vectras out there so if it is priced right it will sell. You may want to consider starting the advertisement in March/ April
jtharley is offline   Reply With Quote