Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-08-2022, 07:50 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

How to get the TVs out 2010 Itasco Sunseeker 37

Hello, I have a new to me 2010 Itasco Sunseeker 37’4”
It has 3 TVs inside and 1 outside. Want to replace all with smart TVs. I do not see how to get the TVs out. The one in the console across from the sofa I can get my hands behind it and hopefully will get it out ok. The other 3 I don’t have a clue. Any help would be appreciated. Thxs
Scouts honor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2022, 10:56 AM   #2
Site Team

Pretty sure you mean SUNCRUISER not SUNSEEKER. The Sunseeker is a Forest River Class C - the Suncrusier is a Winnebago Class A. I'd also guess its a model 37F.

Could you please reconfirm this info for us?

The thing you'll learn about Winnebago's TV installations is that they don't use any real standard TV mounts. Every TV bracket is custom made at the factory out of thick steel.

Best of luck seeing how the TVs are mounted. But most, if not all, are not simple lift off VESA TV mounts.

I tried to see in your models parts catalog - but because it's a 2010 they don't have 3D diagrams for motorhomes that old.

On my Adventurer which is a close copy of the Suncruiser - the bedroom TV was bolted to a huge metal plate that was bolted from a drawer below the TV and could only be unbolted from below. But my RV is 7-years newer and this may not apply to yours.

The outside TV on my has a strap behind the TV and you pull on that strap to release the TV to swing it out and once out you can get to the bolts holding it to the mount.

My living room TV is on a Televator and I've been told you unscrew a couple of small screws on the top of the mount to release it.

Have you considered getting Roku Sticks or similar to add to your TVs rather than going through the trouble of removing and reinstalling new TV?
Old 12-10-2022, 02:35 AM   #3
Veteran RV Owner

I used an Amazon Firestick to upgrade my living room LG (non-smart) TV. I plugged the Firestick into the HDMI Port #4 on the back of my Matrix 4x4 Switch and I can access the Firestick just by selecting it on the Matrix Switch. Works great!
armullis59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2022, 06:26 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by armullis59 View Post
I used an Amazon Firestick to upgrade my living room LG (non-smart) TV. I plugged the Firestick into the HDMI Port #4 on the back of my Matrix 4x4 Switch and I can access the Firestick just by selecting it on the Matrix Switch. Works great!
Another option is a Roku streaming device which comes in a variety of formats. I would prefer it to the Firestick. It is generally acknowledged as the standard by which other devices are measured. I've had Rokus for years and they're great and are very user friendly. This will give you the advantages of a smart TV without having to invest in new TVs. Not all smart TVs are created equal.

Here's a BestBuy article on the pros and cons:

https://www.bestbuy.com/discover-lea...t1648749950130

On the other hand, if you want to upgrade your TVs for other reasons, go for it. When I did so at home, I purchased a TV with Roku built in (mine is a TCL). It's going to be a much better option than a generic smart TV.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2022, 05:29 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

The TV on the elevator, across from your sofa is easy to remove. Raise the TV half way up. View down from the top and you will see two screws. Remove the screws and the TV will lift of of the frame. Replacing that TV is another issue. The mounting frame is designed for that TV.. While attachment screws are a standard, the connection locations aRe not. On mine, I had to modify the bracket to clear the connections for the new TV.
Mtn Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2022, 05:48 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Thxs.
Old 12-11-2022, 05:51 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Thxs