Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-03-2008, 10:32 AM   #21
PDI

I had the same problem last year, where is all the antifreese going? It went into the potable water tank. My tank fill valve was open where the hose is connected in the rear and the pump pushed the antifreese all the way thru the rig to the valve and into the water tank. About 5 Gal. was in the tank. I put a bucket under the tank drain and recovered most of it.
PDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 11:33 AM   #22
Winnebago Camper

Stearn, you're right about the check valve. I didn't need to replace it. On the Journey (and probably most other RVs) there's an access panel at the bottom back side of the HW heater held with 4 screws. After removing the panel I tapped the valve with a screw driver handle making it work.

Btw, there's no electric selinoid in the system. For you Winnie owners who are interested, look at the plumbing diagrams (a section in the Winnebago forums) for a view of the way things are laid out.

Bob
Webtrender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 09:29 AM   #23
Winnebago Master

One suggestion: Test the check valve before injecting antifreeze into the system by putting the water heater into bypass and draining it. If the water doesn't stop coming out then one or more of the valves must have failed.

I plan to start doing that with my next winterization.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote