Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-30-2020, 09:47 PM   #21
Winnebago Owner

then you might need adapters, that is why you need to design a solution and then get parts salesman help to make it all work - they should know what is available to adapt and modify as needed.

but of course simplify if possible, reduce # of connections as much as possible to lessen chance of leaks.

I would want quick releases that self seal so it is easy to change tanks for example but always be SAFE of course, no leaks !

and 1 guy said today, he has 5th wheel and multiple tanks but NOT an auto switch, he needed to switch tanks but too cold/lazy to go switch so stayed in covers during night.

so a remote or auto-tank switcher would be nice, of course easier to run out all tanks that way but mo convenient for sure.

so design what you need, go to parts place and get their more informed advice on what connections/adapters/hoses/etc are available - but put the whole solution on the counter connected up and make sure it will work before leaving !!!

GL!
SmilingSimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 11:17 AM   #22
Winnebago Master

I'm not getting why you can't install it like everyone else does. Many videos online.

Like this writeup and video

Undo the fitting at the POL fitting, install the new tee, reinstall the regulator assembly (and it's plastic cover) a little further to the left.

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 11:23 AM   #23
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tderonne View Post
I'm not getting why you can't install it like everyone else does. Many videos online.

Like this writeup and video

Undo the fitting at the POL fitting, install the new tee, reinstall the regulator assembly (and it's plastic cover) a little further to the left.
You may be missing the point that their reg is not mounted horizontal like most but vertical. Turn the picture 90 degrees to get the right idea.
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 11:32 AM   #24
Winnebago Master

So what? Move it to the left. Done. It's not attached to the tank. It'll be loose, like at about the 3:00 minute mark in the video, once the POL fitting is undone.

Old 12-02-2020, 12:20 AM   #25
Winnebago Owner

another decent video on adding an 'extend a stay'.

this guy had to move his regulator rightward, but no reason to not move it up or down.

note: his suggestion of keeping regulator 'vent' downward is very smart and important, the whole purpose of the plastic cover.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...tail&FORM=VIRE

GL!
Old 12-02-2020, 04:41 PM   #26
Winnebago Camper

Propane Bottle

I had a 1998 Cheiftain I had to move the pressure regulator to the left a few inches to add the safe T it has a black cover
Old 12-02-2020, 09:40 PM   #27
Winnebago Owner

I had a similar issue on my 2003 Minnie. I took it to a local propane dealership an they made me a hose that worked. Here is a write up I did on it: https://rvcampfire.wordpress.com/202...green-bottles/
Mashmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 06:06 AM   #28
Winnebago Owner

In the first picture of the tank it looks like there is a bracket that wraps around that front door seal. Is that part of the regulator mount?
Don G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 08:53 AM   #29
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don G View Post
In the first picture of the tank it looks like there is a bracket that wraps around that front door seal. Is that part of the regulator mount?
No, that's just the plastic cover opened up and laying in the door frame. Regulator is not mounted to anything beside the inlet piping.

Old 12-03-2020, 04:53 PM   #30
Winnebago Owner

yes, i believe the OP thought the regulator connected back to tank, rather than thinking he could simply move the regulator over to make room for the simple addition of the extend a stay connection.

we have not heard but hope he has gotten it connected and using it by now - can NOT imagine in cold weather NOT having propane for heat if needed - he says he can not drive mh due to license so can not go get propane - but this type connection is a handy thing under any circumstance imo.
Old 12-06-2020, 06:42 AM   #31
Winnebago Owner

In the previous responses it was mentioned that the regulator is somehow attached to the tank and will not move. Maybe there is some kind of calking adhesive under the regulator to stabilize. May have to get under there and pry on gently and see if it reveals any attachment points?
Don G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 05:27 PM   #32
Winnebago Owner

do not think the OP has actually removed the reg plastic cover so only thinks it is attached somehow - doubtful it is, no reason to be, likely just dirt.

OP should have viewed some of the vids for this, he would have figured it out probably.

hope OP has success !

Tags
brave, install, winnebago