Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-26-2004, 07:48 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

My In-Motion satellite system by Winegard has never been totally satisfactory. The biggest headace is the constant searching when parked. IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT THE UNIT BEGIN IT'S SEARCH AND SCARES US TO DEATH! If you turn the dish off when parked it eventually changes position because it is unpowered. Winegard says a new software package will be available in Feb, hope that helps.
Anyone else notice this?
hogbreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004, 07:48 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

My In-Motion satellite system by Winegard has never been totally satisfactory. The biggest headace is the constant searching when parked. IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT THE UNIT BEGIN IT'S SEARCH AND SCARES US TO DEATH! If you turn the dish off when parked it eventually changes position because it is unpowered. Winegard says a new software package will be available in Feb, hope that helps.
Anyone else notice this?
Old 12-26-2004, 08:06 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Yes I have had nothing but problems with mine since I bought the unit in Feb. 04. Have been talking to Winegard for months, several parts have been sent out, of which I installed but no success. I have been waiting for several months for a new updated unit. I was promised an definite answer on a delivery date this Monday.We will see. Not to happy at this time with the service. Seems as though this unit was released long before it was perfected.

2003 Harley Davidson Road Glide
ESTANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004, 10:50 AM   #4
PDB
Winnebago Camper

We used to turn ours off once we located a signal on 119 (Dish Network). But that meant we could not see anything on the 110. Talked to Winegard, they said that once the dish finds the 119 and goes into it's little spastic moves, Leave It Alone For Eight Minutes! After eight minutes it settles down and we leave it on all the time. Then the only time it moves is to change birds.

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd
PDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004, 03:46 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

That my friend is the problem, mine locates the satelite then goes into its dance for 8 minutes then stops and loses the satellite, I wish I could stop it.

Old 12-26-2004, 11:51 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

I have the same one on the Journey. Ours finds the bird,down loads to 99 percent stops get a picture and then moves. Had it reprogramed now it work's.. But for how long. Unit in storage now, Will see in the spring.
Old 12-27-2004, 01:23 AM   #7

As I've said so many times, sometimes these new fangled electronic gizmos are more trouble then their worth. A good way to solve your problem, is to go back to the MANUAL UNIT. Set it where you want it and relax.

Tomcat F15
"I hate being the ginnie pig for someone else's new ideas."
Old 12-27-2004, 04:10 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

I just took delivery of my 05 Journey that I ordered with the in-motion sat. It did not come from the factory with the sat. They factory is not installing the in motion at this time, because of the problems with the sat. We are having the low profile in-motion installed next week. We feel that this sat. will look great with the low profile roof line.

2005 Winnebago Journey
Md shedman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 04:39 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

I agree with Tomcat on this, I stay with the old tripod mount dish and set it up in about 10 minutes. Remember K.I.S.S.

Retired Navy Mustang 06
2003 Winnebago 35U W22
Toyota Rav 4 Toad
Brake Buddy

Sugar & Spice our Shih-Tzus
Captain Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 07:27 AM   #10
PDB
Winnebago Camper

Estang: You might consider this. Search for a signal in "Setup - Pointing", when the system locks on to 119 with a good signal, turn off the Winegard.
Problem with that is that you have to stand there with your finger on the switch and be "real quick" to kill power when the system locks on; it doesn't stay there for long.

Old 12-27-2004, 03:23 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Tried that but as soon as I hit the switch it jumps off the satellite. Did get some good news from Winegard today, they are shipping the new electonics and updated software Thursday. Sure hope this solves the problem, they seem pretty confident. Will keep you all posted and thanks for all your ideas.

Old 12-27-2004, 05:26 PM   #12

ESTANG,

Heres an idea for you and it shouldn't cost you a dime. Have your lovely wife Scarlett go up on the roof with about six hours of food and other supplies, have her position the anntena where it works best and have her hold it there till you tell her to let go. This should give enough time to watch those programs you were trying to get. A set of two way radios will help making satelite changing easier.

Tomcat F15
"Just kidding Scarlett."
Old 12-28-2004, 10:27 AM   #13
Winnebago Camper

I THINK ITS A GREAT IDEA, NOW I JUST HAVE TO CONVINCE HER, YEAH!!!!!

Old 12-28-2004, 02:22 PM   #14

Hey Scarlett, Eddie needs your help for a few minutes!

Tomcat F15
Old 12-31-2004, 10:22 AM   #15
Winnebago Owner

Was just on the phone with winegard. He has me getting a battery and wire and hooking it direct. He said there has been some problems with low voltage to the unit. Waiting for a call back as what to do. Will let you know what he says. Been over an hour wait now. Hope he calls back before Dark.
Old 12-31-2004, 11:48 AM   #16
Winnebago Owner

Well 5 pm no call back. A lot of work for nothing. Called them back and a recording said closed. Well try on monday...Guess this company cares about it's customers
Old 01-02-2005, 12:29 AM   #17
Winnebago Owner

Well Dumb me. I found the problem. I have not used the Direct Tv for about 4 months. The Box was not working. Put a box on from the house and guess what it works. Had to call Directv and have the box reset. All works fine now. Guess I sould have checked that sooner. Live and learn.
Old 01-02-2005, 07:04 AM   #18
PDB
Winnebago Camper

Yes, please us posted on new s/w & h/w. I'd like to get on the mailing list to get copies myself.
Paul

Old 01-08-2005, 02:01 PM   #19
Winnebago Owner

Well I received the upgrade package for the Movin Vue, here are my thoughts.
1. This is not a software upgrade this a redisign of the electronic systrem.
2. I installed the package today and it is reasonably complicated, Iam surprissed they allowed me to do it.
3. After install the sat locked on to Direct TV within 3minutes. I went back on the roof after turning the sat switch off and I carefully moved the dish by hand and made it reacquire again. Same result. What an improvement. Will try tomorrow to see how the in motion part works.
Old 02-03-2005, 05:56 PM   #20

I had the TracStar in-motion installed and have DirecTV. When the antena hunts (continues it's dance) the directions say to put it into the "sleep mode" by pressing the "start" button. That stops the noise of it's hunting and it really does go to sleep. I don't know if other systems have this feature but they obviously should.