Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-04-2005, 02:50 AM   #21
Winnebago Camper

Installed the new electronics package last weekend. Locates and loads, picture up within 2 minutes. Great improvement. Have not tried in motion yet , but will update you. The whole update took appox. 1 hour.
Eddie

2003 Harley Davidson Road Glide
ESTANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 12:52 PM   #22
Winnebago Watcher

I called Winegard and recieved the upgrade to MV4005 kit. It does improve the sat acquisition while parked. I would still shut the system off when parked to avoid any unecessary hunting.

This is a complete change out of the electronics. They have integrated 3 components into a single box. I do have one installation tip for anyone who attempts to do this themselves. Make sure you mount the new control box as close as possible to the dish. There is a slot in the side of the cover for this control module. The magnets that rotate along with the lateral and veritical movement of the dish, must go as far inside this slot as possible. This is how the system learns the location of the dish. If you do not get the box mounted close enought to these magnets the system will not operate correctly.
reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 01:06 AM   #23
Winnebago Owner

I just received a recall from winegard. The dish is not going to be upgraded. All units will be replaced with a new unit. I have to call the dealer and have him order a new one and will be installed by the dealer. This is the in motion unit factory installed.
Old 02-20-2005, 04:37 PM   #24
Winnie-Wise

I just purchased a Direct TV receiver. Never had SAT COM before. After placing the reciever in the cabinet, hooking up the cables and plugging it in, from start to watching tv was 15 minutes 10 minutes of that was calling Direct TV to get turned on! SOOOO to find the bird and get the best signal took all of 1-2 minutes. Manual will be for me! Had it up now for 5 days and the picture is 10 out of 10, 100%
Winegard, Winnebago and Direct TV RULE!
Trek-Cyclist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 06:15 AM   #25
Winnebago Camper

I also received my recall letter from Winegard. They are going to replace my entire unit parts and labor. All I have to do is contact Winegard and let them know what dealer to ship the new unit to. Dealer will install at no cost to me. This is also covered in another thread.
funhouse is offline   Reply With Quote