Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-14-2023, 11:14 AM   #1
Winnebago Master

Holding Tank Access 2007 Journey 36G

I am thinking of replacing my inaccurate holding tank sensors with a See Level system. My question is with regard to how to gain access to the Black, Grey and Fresh water tanks to install the See Level Sensors.

Is there anyone out there with a 2007 vintage Journey that has been able to remove panels to gain access to the sides of their tanks?

I have the illustrated parts breakdown list and I think I have located that access points but before doing surgery thought someone might have already navigated this.
Old 02-15-2023, 07:20 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Tim, your bath is side to side mirrored from our 34SE. But, for what its worth.

On ours, there is a metal panel just above the gray/black dump valves. The gray/black sensors are immediately behind that in the sewer compt. Adhesed to the outside of the tanks. I discovered them while replacing the anti back flow valve on the black tank flush system.

I have not located the FW tank sensors. If you find them, please share.

We have the parts manual, the electrical schematics, and the plumbing schematics. Have found how the sensors are wired, but not a drawing of their location.

Fair Winds and Following Seas
Oldchinahand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 06:41 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

From the IPBs I got from Winnebago I figured the black and grey tanks were behind that white metal panel. How hard was this to remove. From experience 16 year old phillips head screws do not always cooperate when removal is attempted.

Again from the IPBs I think Fresh Water access is behind a panel at the back of the storage compartment that houses the fresh water pump. Second compartment behind the Pax side front wheel. Not sure I can get my old frame into that spot but maybe I can get some help from one of my more agile sons.
Old 02-16-2023, 02:07 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

I did not have a problem removing the four fasteners holding the waste tank facia. The upper edge took a little wiggling to free from its clip. I've just gotten into the habit of hitting old fasteners with penetrant a couple of times then replacing with new. Our rig has a hodgepodge of torx/flat/phillips. All new work is phillips.

Believe you are correct on the F/W tank. My boy and I (because he's still more flexible) replaced our water pump last fall. He says he saw them behind that metal facia piece that protects much of the plastic water piping. Immediately behind the water pump.

Old 02-17-2023, 11:32 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

One last question, when you pulled the metal panel off at the Blk and Gry tanks, was there much slack on the tank flush connection?

If I get to mine, I might try to post some pictures.
Old 02-18-2023, 10:36 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

There is enough slack on ours to reach behind and unscrew the plastic fitting from the waste flush hose connection.

We also have a compt light on the left (or toward the coach front). There was enough slack to disconnect that too. I reinstalled with waterproof 12V automotive plug/socket. Easier disconnect if/when I go back in.

If it applies to you, all that was unneeded for my original plumbing task of replacing the tank flush backflow valve. Removing the vanity sink made that a piece of cake. On the other hand, removing the sink was not.

Tags
journey, tank